Jump to content
Walrus Gumboot

Looking for a working Carver DTL-200MKII cd player

Recommended Posts

I've been trying to bring my DTL-50  cd player back to life without success and have reached the point where I am giving up.

I was advised by a member of the site that the Carver DTL-200MKII is the way to go if I must have matching Carver components in my stack.

I've checked ebay and usaudiomart but none are available.

Can anyone suggest how I might get my hands on a working Carver DTL-200MKII cd player with best possible\decent cosmetics?

  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless someone here has one they want to get rid of, you will have to search Ebay and other audio sites for one to purchase. I also have a DTL-50 that when powered up, the DTL light is the only thing that lights up. It used to work at one time......grin

  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stickers

17 minutes ago, kve777 said:

I'm out of stock!

 

No Way!!**))

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stickers

Man, a Carver CD player would look so sweet with my Receiver. Just like it originally did back in the day....

But wonder if it would even be listenable  these days? Anyone know?

Edited by Receiver2000
  • Thank You 1
  • Confused? 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Receiver2000 said:

Man, a Carver CD player would look so sweet with my Receiver. Just like it originally did back in the day....

But wonder if it would even be listenable  these days? Anyone know?

 

Yes, they are VERY listenable - they were very good for their day.  However, as others have indicated, there are newer ones that are far more listenable.

 

As long as you don't ruin your ears by hearing the best of today's offereings, you would probably be extremely happy with a "vintage" Carver unit.

 

BTW, I totally get the "would look so sweet with my Receiver" bit!  :D

  • Thank You 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stickers

BINGO!

 

Caveat:  "I" have also not listened to a $1000 Oppo, and I'm sticking with my NAD CD player/recorder as sounding quite nice, thank-you-very-much.  :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stickers

@Dadvw, can you provide more information?  My wife logged me onto the Carver FB site which looks like a FB version of this site but I was unable to find the player for sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Walrus Gumboot said:

@Dadvw, can you provide more information?  My wife logged me onto the Carver FB site which looks like a FB version of this site but I was unable to find the player for sale.

I have looked on the site and can’t find the ads. One guy had spoke for one of them and he still had one left. 

  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stickers

From what I am seeing, Carversite members will soon buy up and control all Carver equipment. Carversite will then set prices and determine who has the opportunity to own it😁.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, no problem at all!!!! Our members would be the best of stewards and of inventory control😉.  A utopia where all that is Carver is lovingly refurbished, upgraded, dusted and polished by caring Carversite hands. Our women folk may not appreciate the idea of that direction but they dont much care for where things stand now either. 

0jgv73ersul21.jpg

  • Thank You 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Daddyjt - you ought to just print a large copy of that, frame it, and put it up on the wall.   :D

 

I'm not jealous!  Honest!  ....  Oh hell, YES, I am!   :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stickers

1 hour ago, Receiver2000 said:

Oh, no problem at all!!!! Our members would be the best of stewards and of inventory control😉.  A utopia where all that is Carver is lovingly refurbished, upgraded, dusted and polished by caring Carversite hands. Our women folk may not appreciate the idea of that direction but they dont much care for where things stand now either. 

0jgv73ersul21.jpg

 

The reason we came up with the Espionage sticker. :D 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stickers

Dangit. I am so sorry if I hijacked the DTL-200MK2 discussion. Sure didnt mean to. I apologize. I was just overwhelmed by the idea that all Carver gear might eventually end up in the hands of Carversite guys because of how enthusiastically they pursue it😁.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...