New member from Sweden

Hi. 

I'm a little crazy man from Sweden, as my father is a musician playing the banjo I have been interested i music all my life. 

Started my quest for good sound with a 2x2W Philips tube amp. Have gradually climbed the ladder against the sound nirvana. About 8 years ago I stumbled over a nice set of B&W800 series 80. They sounded nice but thin with my Pioneer M73. 

I upgraded with NAD318, it became better, then I was offered a pair of Carver PM1.5a and 2x450W made a difference but still I felt that they had more to offer. 

Bridged the Carvers and WOW I was blown away by the sound  origin from the eighties. The bass shaked my walls and neighbours in the next villa complained about bass. 

Lived happy with this until january this year when I found a couple of B&W800D within my budget. (sold the old B&W800 for more than they cost me) 

They did better with the Carvers in Bi-amping and now I wait for a PM1200 coming om friday. It will replaced the PM1.5 driving middle/high on B&W. 

I bought two Marantz Ma-9s1 monoblock to replace my carver amps but they are for sale again, the old Carvers are far better then Marantz hi priced heawy monoblock. 

As I am in a wheelshair since eight years after an accident and quit work I have lot of time to experiment with my gear and enjoy music and movies with great sound and picture. 

It's a great hobby. 

One more thing, I have a PM1.5 driving a Dayton Titanic12 inch DIY sub and it is perfect on both music and movies. 

• Thank You 7
  • That Rocks 5

Welcome Max!!!!

Great to have you and love your story and equipment. Thanks so much for sharing. You will like it here. Lots of great information and a bunch of guys who are lots of fun. Look around the posts and if you have any question just ask😀. Everyone is always willing to help each other.

• Thank You 3

Welcome Max to the site! Thanks for sharing your story and you certainly have a good selection of gear for audio.......grin. We enjoy all things Carver and others as well. Hope you find the site informative and enjoy the company!

• Thank You 2

Hello Max - welcome to The Carver site !! We're glad you decided to join us.

My sister lives near Stocka - where are you located?

As Rod said - Swedish banjo music - we'd like to know more about that.

• Thank You 1

Hello MaxNeilsen, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Now that you've reached Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

Welcome.jpg

Welcome to the group!  It's clearly too late to warn you of OCCD, it's got a serious grip on you.

Sorry about you being in a w/c - my wife was in one for the last 15 years of her life, so I'm all too familiar with what that means.  I'm glad to see you haven't let it stop you from enjoying things - good music is universal.  

You definitely have an amazing setup.  I can well understand your comment about shaking the walls, neighbors, and the next villa.  :D  When you get it right, as Bob Carver did, it remains right!  

Good luck with the PM1200!!  Let us know how it goes?

• Love this! 1

• Community Admin

Welcome ! Max!

Looking forward to pictures.  No worries on any messes..., if it sounds good, that's really all that matters !

Where about are you in Sweden?  Been there many times.  Spent a lot of time in Göteborg (Gothenburg), in the 90's for business.

• Thank You 1

3 hours ago, AndrewJohn said:

Welcome ! Max!

Looking forward to pictures.  No worries on any messes..., if it sounds good, that's really all that matters !

Where about are you in Sweden?  Been there many times.  Spent a lot of time in Göteborg (Gothenburg), in the 90's for business.

I live about 250 km South of Gothenburg, Olofstrom is a small town of 7000 residens in southern Sweden 

Try to post a couple of pics. First one is in my listening room, second one is where amps are located. I have until now only Carvers Pro gear so they will need further modifikation before they can be in my listening area. 

The Marantz monoblock will be sold soon, Carvers amps sound better. 

IMG_20200912_215427.jpg

IMG_20200912_215433.jpg

• Thank You 7