Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

I really want THESE! Since I had to return a defective Premier 140, I have been looking...

image.png

 

If I sell my C-19, SD/A-490t, TX-11b and all four Silver 7t's, I might be able to swing it. It's only $900.00 for a new set of output tubes.

  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3
  • Love this! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kve777 said:

I really want THESE! Since I had to return a defective Premier 140, I have been looking...

image.png

 

If I sell my C-19, SD/A-490t, TX-11b and all four Silver 7t's, I might be able to swing it. It's only $900.00 for a new set of output tubes.


That’s A LOT of gear to part with.... although those ARE nice amps - do you have prior experience with them? By that I mean are you buying them to try out and see if you like them, or do you know that you’ll love them, and they’ll be in your system for years?

  • Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Daddyjt said:


That’s A LOT of gear to part with.... although those ARE nice amps - do you have prior experience with them? By that I mean are you buying them to try out and see if you like them, or do you know that you’ll love them, and they’ll be in your system for years?

From what I heard out of the Premier 140, I do like the C-J sound.

  • That Rocks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

While you are at it, you can sell your furnace - you won't need it with those around!

 

Nice,  but you may want to listen to them with some known speakers and compare them with your current amps before you make a commitment like that!  

 

That said, those are seriously pretty, and I suspect they sound incredible too.  

 

Tube porn can be just EVIL!!!  :D

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kve777 said:

From what I heard out of the Premier 140, I do like the C-J sound.


Just my opinion, but at 8k (and the gear sacrifices you’d be making) I’d need to be in love, not like...😉

  • That Rocks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Daddyjt said:


Just my opinion, but at 8k (and the gear sacrifices you’d be making) I’d need to be in love, not like...😉

 

I'm with you, @Daddyjt.  Probably due to my conservative nature...

 

I have everything in my menagerie that @kve777 is prepared to sacrifice, and, well, I couldn't do it.

 

OTOH, I am really excited to "experience" this indirectly through Kevin's investment. ! 😉  

 

Looking forward to hearing more, Kevin.  Hmmm, seems like I may need an excuse to visit NJ, sometime.  Tectons, and CJs..., OCCD bleeds into other audio realms... in my weak brain ... LoL.

  • That Rocks 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kve777 said:

From what I heard out of the Premier 140, I do like the C-J sound.

Hey Kev,  Here's food for thought...

 

The Carver Challenge........2009

Is it possible to make a $700 "mainstream-audio" power amplifier sound exactly like a high-priced perfectionist amplifier? Bob Carver, of Carver Corporation, seemed to think he could, so we challenged him to prove it.

 

The implications of all this are disquieting, to say the least. If,  after only four days of work, it is possible for someone—design genius or not—to make a $700 amplifier sound exactly like a state-of-the-art amplifier costing many times as much, what does that say for the cost-effectiveness of the latter?

 

Carver claims that the original, unmodified M1.0 amplifier had been designed to sound "the way he wanted it to." If, in fact, he could make it sound any way he wished, as seemed to be proven with his success in this experiment

 

Footnote 3: I believe it appropriate nearly a quarter-century later to identify the reference amplifier as a Conrad-Johnson Premier Four.John Atkinson

 

Pull one of the many M1.0 amps out of storage...(I'm guessing 3-5 )

 

Give Bob a call...... Tell him what sound your wanting to hear....He has the Talent to make it So...|-|

 

Keep all your Carver Gear....:D/    Save Money...~^ 

 

Just Sayin'.....:D

 

 

 

  • Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@kve777 I'm not at the same level as you but for a guy like me at the lower end of the equipment spectrum, that would be parting with too much gear.

But it all depends on where you are in your audio journey and whether you have time to recover should you have any regrets after all is said and done.  As long as you are at peace with your decision, you cannot go wrong with whatever choice you make.

  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kve777 said:

If I sell my C-19, SD/A-490t, TX-11b and all four Silver 7t's, I might be able to swing it.

If you sell those items on ebay for realistic prices, after ebay fees, you're going to have to throw 3-4K in cash at it?

  • Thank You 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Go for it Kevin! Always wanted to hear CJ's top shelf stuff.

Even if Kevin sold off all of that gear, he would manage to replace it piece by piece over a few year period. Seems every good Carver deal vanishes as soon as it's posted in the South Jersey /Philly area. You know anything about that Kev?

 

BillWojo

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BillWojo said:

Go for it Kevin! Always wanted to hear CJ's top shelf stuff.

Even if Kevin sold off all of that gear, he would manage to replace it piece by piece over a few year period. Seems every good Carver deal vanishes as soon as it's posted in the South Jersey /Philly area. You know anything about that Kev?

 

BillWojo

No, no I don't...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MRHP said:

Would love to hear them CJ's....just once. They have to sound incredible!

They do. BUT! (and it's a big but) you better have the room right. And the right speakers. Oh, and the right sources. IF you do not have the RIGHTS, you are LEFT with something underwhelming. Synergy is the key. As Always. If you get the opportunity, it will deepen your appreciation of how GOOD a system can sound. 

  • That Rocks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...