CF2021 Reservation Discussion

sea

4 hours ago, oldtexasdog said:

What ever happened to cabin 5?

Cabins 5 and 3 are not owned by the main owners and have been excluded from our discount structure.

On 9/30/2020 at 11:33 AM, sea said:

Cabins 5 and 3 are not owned by the main owners and have been excluded from our discount structure.

If Cabin 5 comes back, it may be worth a trip. 😉

On 10/3/2020 at 10:15 AM, kve777 said:

I'm hoping someone wants to share.

Tentatively, yes!

In my limited digging, I have yet to come across the proper forum. Is there a forum dedicated to CarverFest? I know basically nothing of the event and would like to learn more about it, specifically the logistics, events/activities, costs etc... to help determine if it's an option for me to attend a future event? Possible to make it a family (no HiFi interest) affair with other local attractions? Thanks in advance for your help.

2 hours ago, EAHBuckeye said:

In my limited digging, I have yet to come across the proper forum. Is there a forum dedicated to CarverFest? I know basically nothing of the event and would like to learn more about it, specifically the logistics, events/activities, costs etc... to help determine if it's an option for me to attend a future event? Possible to make it a family (no HiFi interest) affair with other local attractions? Thanks in advance for your help.

CS had a "sister site" that had much of the info you seek. 

Unfortunately it has been down for a while.

The event takes place at Watershed Cabin in NC.

The event is "organized" on this site...

Here is a link to the you "attractions" in the area:

https://www.watershedcabins.com/attractions.asp

Edited by itchitch
  • Thank You 2

Itchitch, I appreciate the link to the cabins. Can someone share a typical itinerary/activities from a previous CF, speak to the overall going's on that happens over the course of the event? Is there an expectation/encouragement for participants to bring a system to share with others? Any pertinent info/tips/considerations for interested newbies?

I was hoping one of the more frequent attendee's would chime in...

Typically:

Members will host "themed" meals on predetermined evenings at their cabins.

Attendees typically "cabin hop" to spend time with each other - listening to the system or systems in their respective cabins.

In past years - Bob would give a nice speech. 

There have been years when some dedicated members would put together kits - for attendee's to purchase and build.

It's an amazing experience to build one of Bob's (or another members) design with them in the same room!

The reservation process begins EARLY - starting now for next year.

I don't know the specifics for 2021 - I believe this thread is to start the discussion.

Edited by itchitch
  • Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

10 hours ago, EAHBuckeye said:

(no HiFi interest)

And just in case you want to do other things, there is rafting, kayaking, and hiking. You can also go to Cherokee NC or take 441 up and through the Smokey Mountains State Park over to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge TN. Plenty of family activities there to enjoy. 

It is definitely a great area to vacation and if you are into crazy road trips you can drive to the TAIL OF THE DRAGON. Check it out on YouTube. My wife and I drove it and it is wild. 

• Thank You 1

17 hours ago, Rob said:

And just in case you want to do other things, there is rafting, kayaking, and hiking. You can also go to Cherokee NC or take 441 up and through the Smokey Mountains State Park over to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge TN. Plenty of family activities there to enjoy. 

It is definitely a great area to vacation and if you are into crazy road trips you can drive to the TAIL OF THE DRAGON. Check it out on YouTube. My wife and I drove it and it is wild. 

Thanks for the info. Just trying to determine if two birds can be killed with one shot, by making this a family trip. I'm the only one in the household interested in Hifi, haha.

• Thank You 1

18 hours ago, Rob said:

Rob

The last 2 times I have attended, I have flown into Knoxville so I can do Tail of the Dragon on the way in, and on the way out.

It's so much fun.

We always stop at Tapoco Lodge Resort (hwy 129) for lunch real good food and GREAT beer.

Brian

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

@sea Maybe you should suggest to the Watershed to take that old Airstream out of the lot down by Cabin 3, put full hook up in there and rent it out. ~^  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/28/2020 at 6:34 PM, angelod307 said:

I need to get a space for this year coming please. Maybe a treehouse, maybe a split in. Cabin , 

You need to go to another website to make reservations. Cant do it here anymore.