Thanks for adding me to your group. I'm fairly new to the hifi scene. I have had Stereos in the past, nothing of notable quality.  I have always liked hard rock music and was mostly content with loud. When I met my wife, 23 years ago, we both had pretty much the same Technics stereo's. I managed to wreck both of them. About ten years ago,I stumbled into some used Nakamichi gear and a Carver M1.5t  amp. The amp needed a recap, and my speakers were home made garage speakers at best. With kids and life, my hobbies took a back seat. This year with Neil Peart's passing, my wife insisted that I replace her gear. I picked up some used Marantz gear and a set of used Bic America DV5312 speakers. The marantz is simply under powered for the speakers. At low volumes it has to mid or treble. At high volume it would overheat within 3 albums. All was solved after my Carver was donated to her cause. That's when I looked at what I had left, the only answer I could come up with, was to buy another M1.5T . I liked the speakers so much, I sought out another set. Nelion recapped the new to me Carver, I couldn't be happier. Now I spend my time trying to decide which system sounds better. Hers has the optional sub amps in the speakers, but it's easier to crank it up without them, and the bass still shakes. I also just acquired a C23 pre amp, as soon as its repaired the Marantz will be moving on. Thanks for inviting me.

Edited by Tom W
Auto correct errors
  • Thank You 6
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome TomW! You have come to the right place for Carver and other gear......grin. Nelion Audio is a great service. He has done several of my amplifiers. Take a look around and we hope you enjoy the site........grin

• Thank You 1

Welcome TomW!!!!

Good to have you with us. Lots of good stuff happening around here all the time. Friendly guys who know  everything about Carver and a whole lot of other topics. So have fun, look around the posts and if you ever need help just ask someone.

• Thank You 1

Hello Tom, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Greg does great work! Are you having Nelion repair the C-23 too?

Now that you've reached Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

Yes, I am waiting on a a reply back from Greg, I need an appointment date. He has been backed up. Very happy with his work. I need my original m1.5t restored also, the power supply wasn't recapped.  I have been busy revisiting about 1000 albums that have been collecting dust the past 10 years.

Edited by Tom W
Auto correct errors
  • Thank You 1

Good to get re-acquainted with all of those old friends. Have fun. I got back into vinyl around the first of the year and have been slowly but surely aquiring all of my old favorites. Most are great as i remember them and a few i say "i used to listen to that????😁

• Haha 2

Now that I have a stereo with quality sound, I find myself listening to my old favorites, finding out that they really lack in musical quality.  After auditioning the likes of Queen, Yes, Rush, etc., Motley Crue can become a musical downer. Still love them, but musically it's not all that.