New Member in Phoenix, AZ

Hey there, hi there, ho there folks!  I've been a big Bob Carver fan since the first time I heard a system at the local store.  I have an M-2060 mobile amp I bought when I graduated HS to drive some bazookas tubes back in the day.  Then I was gifted a TLM 3600 disc player in 1992 by a generous girlfriend.  And, just a few weeks ago I purchased a set of original Carver Amazings from the original owner who bought them in 1987.  I've wanted a set of these for-EVER!  They're being driven by a Crown 1502 (525W @ 4Ω x 2) getting it's signal from Marantz SR6006.  The Crown had the bang for the buck within the budget I had, but I do hope to eventually replace it with a Carver amp(s).  So far though, in the current setup I am definitely not disappointed!  They sound.. well, Amazing!

My new Amazings are all original, including the woofer foam.  They were regularly used so I'm guessing that's probably kept the foam pliable over the years.  (I know they're on borrowed time in that regard.)  They're the piano black models with literally, not a single scratch!  Being a new owner of a set of Amazings I'm hoping to pick up any tips & tricks willing to be shared here.

While I only own these three pieces of Carver hardware I've been a major fan of Bob & his work in general so my knowledge far exceeds my equipment, & I look forward to some good Carver discussions here.

Thanks for having me! 

• Thank You 5
  • That Rocks 2

Welcome to your new addiction.

The foam surrounds on the flat honeycomb style woofers are blessed with long life, unlike the paper cone woofers found in the Silver and Platinum Amazings. Have no worries, there's still lots of life in them if they aren't damaged now.

Edited by weitrhino
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Just now, weitrhino said:

Welcome to you new addiction.

The foam surrounds on the flat honeycomb style woofers are blessed with long life, unlike the paper cone woofers found in the Silver and Platinum Amazings. Have no worries, there's still lots of life in them if they aren't damaged now.

Awesome to hear!  I'm a meticulous sob so I inspected them thoroughly before purchase. Had them remove the grills & (carefully) with my fingers I traced the foam around all 8 woofers for pliability & they all felt perfectly normal.

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

Hello bayberuth, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Congrats on the Amazings score! I recently picked up a pair of butchered Platinums, but they still sound great with a pair of M1.0t mkII opt002s. 

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

Welcometo the site! You have a good start on the hardware and if you hang around here very long, you will have accumulated a lot more......grin. Beware of OCCD and the enablers, very contagious situation, but we mean well......grin

• Haha 1

Welcome !! We're all glad that you joined us.

Post a few responses and your posting count will be high enough for you to post pictures... You ARE going to post pictures, right ??

😄