Greetings from the Houston TX area

Been an audio fan for a while and used to drool over the Carver stuff at Circuit City but could not afford it then. I now own a few and have passed on a few. My current list of items is below, an odd mix probably

2 X C-1

M-1.0t

M-1.5t

AV-806x  recent purchase but channel one not working

sold: CT-17, TFM-4.0, TFM-15CB, TFM-25

Non Carver

Yamaha M-85

Bryston 4B

2X Bryston 2B-LP

Adcom GFA-5800

Speakers:

Dalquist DQ-8

Dalquist DQ-28

Klipsch KLF-20

Klipsch RF3 II, RC-3 II, RS-3 II

Infinity Kappa 7

Magnepan MMG

Vandersteen 3a Signature with dual 2Wq subs

Bose 901 Series V

Bose 301 Series III

Other PreAmps:

2 X MingDa MC-7R

NAD 106

Edited by Java1960
add items
  • Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 4

Anybody know if there is a service center that in the Houston area that could service Carver amps? Maybe even do the MKII upgrades for my M-1.0t ?

Any pointers on some things to look for before on my AV-806x before  sending for service? Channel one does not seem to put out any sound.

• Thank You 2

Hello Java1960, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

I don't know of anyone in the Houston area, but if you don't mind shipping, @Nahash5150 is in central Michigan, and he does excellent work. www.nelionaudio.com He's also one of the administrators here.  All of the techs here do great work, so you can feel safe choosing any of them to do the service/upgrades.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 2

Welcome.jpg.9adf85298f90a1b555be7db5426bfc2a.jpg

Welcome!  That certainly IS an eclectic set of gear you have.   Looks like some interesting combinations can be made. 

No sense warning you about the perils of OCCD, you are WAY beyond that!  :D

• Community Admin

Welcome, @Java1960.  I had the same experience..., drooled over Carver in the 80's, couldn't afford, now own more than I need. 😉  

Truest definition of OCCD.

Nice list of gear.  Bet you like the 1.5.  That TFM 4.0 is rare..., I have one, always looking for another to pair it with.

post some pictures !

• That Rocks 2

Welcome to the OCCD club @Java1960! You have a nice collection of gear already........grin. 
Most of us are collecting gear in our later years because we couldn’t afford it then. It’s fun, and it sounds good. Thanks for joining us and enjoy the site!

• That Rocks 1

On 10/30/2020 at 1:47 PM, EAHBuckeye said:

Welcome, Java1960

You have an impressive list of gear! You're just a couple hours southeast of me in Austin. 

Yes not far at all. I got my two Vandersteen 2Wq subs out of Austin and had roadie service bring them to me. I have seen some nice gear go for sale in your area.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

On 10/31/2020 at 9:02 PM, Brian_at_HHH said:

Welcome.jpg.9adf85298f90a1b555be7db5426bfc2a.jpg

Welcome!  That certainly IS an eclectic set of gear you have.   Looks like some interesting combinations can be made. 

No sense warning you about the perils of OCCD, you are WAY beyond that!  :D

Yes just a bit too late, have the bug, need more room in my house

• Haha 2

On 10/30/2020 at 10:46 AM, Java1960 said:

Anybody know if there is a service center that in the Houston area that could service Carver amps? Maybe even do the MKII upgrades for my M-1.0t ?

Any pointers on some things to look for before on my AV-806x before  sending for service? Channel one does not seem to put out any sound.

Well never had this happen. I was testing each channel with speakers using Banana plugs, channel one would not produce sound. With a fair amount of switching things around I noticed I got a bit of audio momentarily on the channel. So I started schecking for loose connections. I notice the terminals were not screwed in and decided to just connect speaker to binding posts without banana plugs and it works fine. Just loose terminal. After that I screwed them in and tested with Banana plugs and all works, what a relief.

• That Rocks 4