Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Greetings from the Philippines!. . .


Recommended Posts

  • Community Admin

Hello RPJIMENO, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

 

Please tell us a bit about yourself, what brought you here, your stereo gear. 


Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.


In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

 

giphy.gif

 

  • Thank You 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RPJIMENO said:

Noted Sir. . . Thank to all again. . . with the intensity of category 5 storm here at home today in the Philippines. . . whew. . .

Riding the storm out........REO Speedwagon

Stay safe and welcome to the site.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RPJIMENO said:

Noted Sir. . . Thank to all again. . . with the intensity of category 5 storm here at home today in the Philippines. . . whew. . .

 

Welcome @RPJIMENO, with weather like that, nothing better than to stay at home, and read Carversite thread !!

 

Welcome...

 

Tell us how you have experienced Carver audio components?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks very much. . . Very lucky to dodge the super typhoon, at first the weather bureau forecast that the storm is headed at our province. . 

 

since way back 1980 i have a keen interest on audio. . . owned several receiver, amps and other audio equipment. . . i have a lineage on rock and 

modern jazz/Funk . . have a craving for a slightly higher output (wattage) amp to drive  my custom built speaker system. . without clipping at high volume. .

researched on audio magazines(no internet yet that time)and an advertisement of Carver  (a boy holding and amp at one hand) intrigue me. . . I saw in a

an audio shop i frequently visited outside the former Airbase here in the Phil. a Carver PM350. . . immediately bought it and that fill the void in my audio system

as it aged, internet came about. . . saw in ebay Carver M1.0 to upgrade. . . bought it. . then a preamp  CT6 to match the amp. . . . and again M1.5t. . . maybe more

when I retire. . . 

  • Thank You 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2020 at 10:36 PM, Dadvw said:

Riding the storm out........REO Speedwagon

Stay safe and welcome to the site.

Thanks very much!!. . . Lucky to dodge the powerful storm. . . Keep safe every one!!. .

  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Carver site, kababayan! ~^

 

Good to know a fellow Pinoy Carver fan. It would be nice to have more Pinoys who enjoy this wonderful hobby hanging out in this fun site.

 

Do you have your gear running on 110v. with a stepdown transformer? I have my system there hooked on a 3K Watts Meiji AVR , an over-kill

but better safe than sorry. I'll probably take my M1.5t with me when it's safe to visit again.

 

As you probably have found out already, there's a lot of info on your amps in the site. Lots of nice and knowledgeable folks, too.

 

Enjoy but let me forewarn you of this highly contagious virus in the site called OCCD. No vaccine and not deadly but hard to control.:---

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, niccolosito said:

Welcome to the Carver site, kababayan! ~^

 

Good to know a fellow Pinoy Carver fan. It would be nice to have more Pinoys who enjoy this wonderful hobby hanging out in this fun site.

 

Do you have your gear running on 110v. with a stepdown transformer? I have my system there hooked on a 3K Watts Meiji AVR , an over-kill

but better safe than sorry. I'll probably take my M1.5t with me when it's safe to visit again.

 

As you probably have found out already, there's a lot of info on your amps in the site. Lots of nice and knowledgeable folks, too.

 

Enjoy but let me forewarn you of this highly contagious virus in the site called OCCD. No vaccine and not deadly but hard to control.:---

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh nice to hear from you kabayan. . . i have been a long Carver fan too. . . just new here. . OCCD. . hope i can learn and be inspired to move up from there. . . Yes i am running my gear on stepdown transformer General Electric . . a resin coated or covered one i cannot see the windings, it is encased on metal can. . Got it on our retired equipment, it is rated 1.5kwatts, . .Hoping that is enough to supply power for my set-up. .  my first amp is bought at a second hand music store at Angeles Pampanga, way back 1990's, a PM-350 amp. . . next a M-1.0 at ebay and also the succeeding. CT-6 preamp and M-1.5t. . which is on my set-up at present. . My PM-350 have a problem at present . . .and i am trying to gather some info to troubleshoot and eventually repair it. . . Thanks . . .Keep safe. . .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...