Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Greetings from the Philippines!. . . Carver Audio Set-up

System Consist of Carver M-1.5t amp, Carver CT-6 preamp, Pioneer GR777 EQ, Sony Blue Ray DVD using USB input.

Custom Marble enclosure Sub (to minimize box resonance) Franken Mission M31 for mid and high. 

123431776_370247054213058_540985834999173310_n.jpg

123277815_461549734815703_7905831622986022592_n.jpg

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 15
13 hours ago, AndrewJohn said:

Very nice set-up.  Clean, simple, effective.

I had one of those Graphic EQ's at one time.  It was one of my two favorites.

Thanks sir Andrew. . . I use that EQ to tweak a little the audio to my liking choose setting on programmed audio levels. . . I listen at moderately loud level . . .

sound very nice for my taste. . .get me through this pandemic a bit relaxed. . .

yes. . Still stock M-1.5t . .

Edited by RPJIMENO
  • Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1
2 hours ago, Bobby1970 said:

Angganda naman nyan (that looks nice).  How did you configure speaker wiring? Stock 1.5T?

Thanks kabayan. . . 2 series 8 ohms per sub unit paralled mid and tweeters one on front and one in the back for ambience. . .  measured its total resistance about 14 ohms at the leads going to the amp. . . rattles my ceiling when playing loud without getting the mid and high out of focus. . . minimal set-up. . . we are encountering floods here sometimes, which makes me nervous. . .  that why its quite a bare essential rack at the moment. . . 

• Thank You 2

I heard about the flooding. What part of the Philippines do you live in?

I like the idea of using marble for the sub enclosures and bracing too would make an incredible cabinet for bass. How thick is the marble? 

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1
9 hours ago, 4krow said:

I heard about the flooding. What part of the Philippines do you live in?

I like the idea of using marble for the sub enclosures and bracing too would make an incredible cabinet for bass. How thick is the marble? 

Cabanatuan City, North of Luzon, Sometimes  flood gets waist deep inside the house. . . its traumatic. . .

i was intrigue with the idea of eliminating cabinet resonance, so that the power the amplifier fed the speaker specially the sub or bass. . . will be delivered by

the speaker without coloration (boominess or Suppressed when the audio is in phase  or out of phase with the resonant freq of the cabinet). when constructing my house way back then . . there are some unused cabinet marble about 3/4 of an inch thick. .  I built a plywood cabinet (3/4in thick) and using epoxy i pasted the marble all around it. . .its quite a lot of work making a hole for the speaker and ports. . . but the result i think is excellent. . . no cabinet vibration in normal volume and very minimal when you drive it hard. . . what you get is solid bass . . no coloration or cabinet boominess. . . just smooth bass delivery . . made that more than 20 yrs ago. . . never used wood speaker cabinet(for Bass/sub speaker) since. . .highly recommended. . .

My Midrange/mid base and tweeter is on separate enclosure. . .   

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Bummer, man.  Any way to get all your gear to the attic?  Cover it all with plastic?  In plastic garbage bags?

Seen some moisture really wreck gear..., 

good luck, and be safe!

• Thank You 1
17 minutes ago, AndrewJohn said:

Bummer, man.  Any way to get all your gear to the attic?  Cover it all with plastic?  In plastic garbage bags?

Seen some moisture really wreck gear..., 

good luck, and be safe!

Cannot carry the Sub/Base cabinet sir. . .it is made of Marble. . .its more than 100 lbs. each. .  so i just cover it with thick plastic and duct tape, the port and speaker terminal. . .

once i was away from home. . flood came. . . submerge my speakers and audio equipment. . . a big disappointment . . stop setting up a stereo system for 5 or more years

just this covid lock down that i have time and courage to put it all together again. . . now rainy/typhoon season up. . . it is traumatizing . . too bad i live in flood prone area. . .  

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear about the flooding @RPJIMENO - that really sucks.   :(

Yes, I can well understand not moving that Sub - short of building an industrial crane into your house, I can see it's pretty much a permanent fixture.

Good luck sorting things out.  Hopefully you can come up with a method of waterproofing them for the future - it sounds like you will need it.

• Thank You 1
17 hours ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

Sorry to hear about the flooding @RPJIMENO - that really sucks.   :(

Yes, I can well understand not moving that Sub - short of building an industrial crane into your house, I can see it's pretty much a permanent fixture.

Good luck sorting things out.  Hopefully you can come up with a method of waterproofing them for the future - it sounds like you will need it.

yes sir . . it is a permanent fixture in my sala. . and moving it is out of my capability. . i have to think of securing it not to get wet is my utmost priority now. . . hoping 

no big typhoon will come again soon. . . it is really traumatic to think about it. . . to bad Philippines is in the typhoon belt. . .and my location is flood prone area

just got really lucky that we are spared of flooding. . . where most of the province in the path of recent typhoon was submerged in rooftop flood. . .

• That Rocks 1

Really nice equipment you have there and the Marble subs are very interesting. 

With your situation in a flood prone area I hope you can minimize the possibilities of damage to you system. 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

My wife was showing the flooding to me last night. It is sobering. She is from Cebu, but I don't think that is where the flooding was. Water was to the rooftops. She says the filipinos say, "We are all equal now."

I was humbled more than once when visiting the Philippines. More than once I was embarrassed by the conduct of some of the tourists. 

Please be kind to yourself in these times. It is all I can offer.

• Love this! 2
3 hours ago, Bobby1970 said:

Praying for your safety and the family.  Flood's really bad from Bulacan province all the way up North.

3 hours ago, Bobby1970 said:

Praying for your safety and the family.  Flood's really bad from Bulacan province all the way up North.

Thank You very much sir. . .