Greetings from the U.P. of Michigan

Thanks for the addition into the group. My first pieces of Carver equipment came by way of accident. I worked in Woodenville, Washington making custom furniture for a shop called "Regency Oak". Next door was Bob Carver's building. We traded a custom made cabinet to Bob and received a M-0.5 Amplifier and a CT-7 Tuner. I still have both pieces today. About two years ago, I decided to get an audio room together and met Greg and Jenny. So far I've added a pair of AL-III Oak trimmed speakers, a C-11 Preamp with the BillD mod, and two black faced M-500t MKII Amps. Right after getting these items my audio room (in the basement) flooded but I managed to save all the gear. The room has been rebuilt now and I can't thank Greg and Jenny enough for helping me along with this hobby. Electronics are "some kind of sorcery" to me so will be asking a lot of questions. The one thing we will all have in common is a love and appreciation of music. Thanks again, Terry 

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 10

Hello Terry, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

A BillD modded preamp with the M-500t mkII is an outstanding combination, and I'm glad you saved your gear from the flooded basement.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 2

WELCOME @Powerchord! Glad you found us.

Very interesting back story: trading Bob C. for M-05 and CT-7.

Looks like you're well on you way to an outstanding system

with the MKII M-500t's, C-11 w/ BillD mod and the AL-III's.

Greg does such a fantastic job on Carver equip. Enjoy the music!!!|-|

• Thank You 2

Welcome to the site @Powerchord It always starts with one piece and then it grows. Then you get on this website and OCCD takes over. This is a great place to be and there are a few of us from Lansing area. 

Fotolia_9058674_XS.jpg

• Thank You 2

Welcome.jpg.290a977b3849f51a60ba69fdc1397d76.jpg

A definite big welcome to the group!  Sounds like you've been getting guidance from the best, and that OCCD decidedly has it's hooks (appropriately) deep into you.

No need to coach you on the merits of Carver gear, nor to tell you there are great people to help look after your gear, here - you're clearly in great hands, so please, enjoy the music, but I'd suggest you lay off Handel's Water Music for now.  :D

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome to the site @Powerchord! You have a good start on your systems, and with a little encouragement (enabling) from other members here, you will have music in every room of your house. In the mean time, enjoy the site and questions are always allowed......😀

• Thank You 1

Welcome aboard Terry!

Cool story on your first Carver acquisition!

Sounds like you’re all set and ready to hunker down for the winter.

I grew up in da UP too. I know how they can be.

-Lee-

• Thank You 1

8 hours ago, Powerchord said:

So far I've added a pair of AL-III Oak trimmed speakers, a C-11 Preamp with the BillD mod, and two black faced M-500t MKII Amps.

Wow - that will do!

Welcome.

• Thank You 1

• Community Admin

Welcome @Powerchord, can't wait to see your rig.

Excellent provenance and water-disaster recovery story !!, 

Post a picture of your rig, when you can..., we love pictures !

• Thank You 1