New member in Oklahoma

Hello all. My Carver journey started many years ago with the purchase of my first Carver component. A MXR130 receiver purchased new used to drive my Infinity RS4b's.  Who would have thought that would have turned into my current Carver equipment. To include:

-TFM 45

-TFM 35 (2)  

-TFM 15CB

-CT-6

-AL-III Plus 

-Infinity Kappa 7.1 (Replaced the RS4b)

All components are in good working order and currently in use.  It however is time for me to start to refurbish some of my equipment. Or, possibly replace with some of Bob's new tube amps.  So, happy to be here amongst fellow addicts.

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 3

Hi Tom!

Welcome aboard.

I would warn you about contracting OCCD here (Obsessive Carver Collection Disorder) but that ship has sailed.

Are you into doing the refurb's yourself?

Once you've made a few more posts, we would like to see pics of your gear/set-up.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Hello Tomtfm, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

As Rod mentioned, there's no need to warn you of OCCD. You already have a running start. :D 

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

Welcome Tom! Another okie on the site.....grin. I am originally from Tulsa, I live in Missouri now. You have a nice collection of gear. Get it refurbished and it will sound great! Send us pics when you can.......grin

• That Rocks 1

Thanks for joining. Feel free to dive right in to any of these topics. Post some pics and have some fun. Doing the tfm 45 isa good idea. It’s a great amp to keep around.

• Thank You 1

Welcome.jpg.db232d0938374026fd206cab440c02ba.jpg

Welcome to the group.  Like others have said, it's clearly WAY too late to warn you of OCCD, so ... just embrace it and enjoy the ride!!!!   :D

Both getting your gear refurbished, and going the route of Bob's new tube amps are great ways to go.  Updated Carver SS gear can sound wonderful - and it has an amazing ability to be refurbished and updated, and in many cases modded and improved.  Tube amps are a whole new world (and massive rabbit-hole) unto themselves.  I will warn you that going down that rabbit-hole has no way out - if you take that step, you won't come back from it.

No matter which route you follow, enjoy!!!   

• Thank You 1