Just an intro, new member.

Hello everyone, as stated I am a new member, thought I would say hi. I have an active setup running two carvers and a sansui au-919. I use a carver a753x for both woofers and a single subwoofer, I use a tfm-45 for midrange and the sansui for highs. I also have a carver m1.5t ( I would like to get upgraded) and a carver pm-950.  Thanks for letting me in!

• Thank You 5
  • That Rocks 5

Hello Ponch455, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Nice collection of amps. @Nahash5150recently announced an mkII upgrade for the M1.5. You might want to check it out.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 2

Welcome.jpg.1534402d48bf42acdff625014e1a26d6.jpg

Welcome to the site.  That's an interesting blend of systems you have hooked up.  At a guess, is the Sansui doing double-duty as the preamp as well as powering the highs?

Also, what are you driving with them?  

Yes. we are way too curious for our own good.  :D

You've clearly already taken more than a couple of steps, down into the OCCD rabbit hole - no point in warning you off.  Besides, we like company down towards the bottom of that pit.   ~^

• Thank You 2

Thanks for the warm welcome! @Daddyjt the speakers are home built, they consist of a line array tweeter, 26 tweeters per side, and then conventional 6 inch mid and a 12 woofer. The mid is a peerless and the woofer is an eminence kappa pro. I am using a single tapped horn kappa pro Lf for the subwoofer. It has taken tons of tuning but I am close to having it sorted out. @Turbo is that your goat in the profile picture? I have a 66 and a 69. @Brian_at_HHH the sansui is being used as amp only. The preamp was a bit of a rabbit hole. I bought some cheap tube preamps off of bang good, they were stereo and used 6j1 tubes. The short story is they were designed poorly. But I already had the good military Jan tubes I bought and sockets, so I built a point to point 6 channel tube preamp. To control the active part of the speaker crossovers I run a dsp. 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

1 hour ago, Poncho455 said:

the speakers are home built

I had a suspicion they might be.  Looking forward to when you can post a picture, or several.

1 hour ago, Poncho455 said:

the sansui is being used as amp only. The preamp was a bit of a rabbit hole. I bought some cheap tube preamps off of bang good, they were stereo and used 6j1 tubes. The short story is they were designed poorly. But I already had the good military Jan tubes I bought and sockets, so I built a point to point 6 channel tube preamp. To control the active part of the speaker crossovers I run a dsp. 

Interesting setup!  Sounds like quite the interesting creation for the preamp.  The DSP  makes perfect sense for the crossovers.  

Well done!  :)

• Thank You 2

5 hours ago, Poncho455 said:

Thanks for the warm welcome! @Turbo is that your goat in the profile picture? I have a 66 and a 69.

@Poncho455,

Yes, it sure is!  It is a 1970 455 Ram Air 4-speed too.  Well, it is punched out +.030 or +30 thousandth's.  So it's a 463 or so now.  I still have it and love it.

It was the UltimateGTO.com pic of the week for 03/30/2003 as seen in the following link: http://ultimategto.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi?pow=yes&pic=/pow/pow0313

Nice! I love the 66 & 69's too.  I just sold my 68 goat last spring after owning it since 1981.  Glad you found us here.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3