The biggest A$$-Holes in music history.

Daddyjt

3 hours ago, PhilDent said:

I apologize in advance to all you Doors fans out there.  The biggest axxhole in the music business that I ever met was Ray Manzarek.  I did a shoot at his house probably 25 years ago. He was on camera to talk about, of course, Jim Morrison. There was a technical glitch that was my fault which would have caused us to restart the interview and re-do about 10 mins of filming.  Instead of being cool about it, he ran upstairs like a petulant child and refused to be interviewed any more. 

No need to apologize. I think there was something wrong with the lot of them. The writer/investigator Dave McGowan found their story very interesting; the band materialized from nothing, fronted by a bloke who, despite having no musical training, happened to have quite the library of songs already written, all arranged by a film student who had little keyboard experience. Reading Mr. McGowan's perspective on all that went on in and around the Laurel Canyon crowd was quite interesting.  

I was an enormous fan of the Doors in my day, but the luster has worn off. If their story is true, we're listening to the crooning of a madman, if it isn't, well we're being played aren't we. 

• That Rocks 1

Butcher, If you take a deep look into the music business, it seldom holds up to what we have been lead to believe as true, especially in the rhelm of song writing and music playing. 

Even my beloved Beatles don't hold up.

Check out. " The Wrecking Crew" on Youtube for some interesting stories.

McGowan went into detail on that subject. It certainly changed my perspective. The thought that all the Laurel Canyon bands were manufactured was disheartening, but discovering that the go to was Glen Campbell - oh, that was rich.  

• Haha 2