New guy from Alberta Canada

Hey guys, been scrolling though and enjoying the content so far. Just got my hand on my dad's old carver TFM-45 and a pair of Bose 10.2 seires 2 speakers. Amp is in need of work but willing to fix it. Is there a place on this site I can get some advise for fixing this beast? Dont want to post in the wrong section or anything.  I want to hear what this Carver audio life is like. Thanks.  

• Thank You 7
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome Taylor K. You certainly came to the right place. Where in Alberta? I have a brother in Calgary. The forum for repair of a TFM-45 would be HERE. You can also navigate there by scrolling down the home page to the Amplifiers section-> Amp Repair-> M-4.0t (also TFM-4, TFM-42, TFM-45). There is a lot of information there as well as there is the Manuals database at the top of the home page. Download the service manual and get familiar with it, including the service bulletins at the end.

• That Rocks 1

Hello Taylor K, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help. johnrotten has already pointed you in the right direction to find the info you need.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

Welcome to CS Taylor K....  =D=    I'm sure you'll find everything you need.  Good luck on the rebuild,  ~^    Plenty of talented members here with the knowledge to steer you in the right direction on your journey. 

01-welcome.gif.f3439e26c3fde961ccc63e20c6070ef7.gif

• Thank You 1

U

1 hour ago, Taylor K said:

Thank you everyone,

@johnrotten im in the south end of calgary, nice to see people know about canada eh? Any chance he works on TFM-45's? 

Unfortunately no. I ran a TFM-45 for years. Now I run 2 of them. Very warm sounding as well as powerful and good looks.

• That Rocks 1

Happy_Birthday.jpg.6fa52e2e017af4208e16b29d7e3b07de.jpg

Welcome to the Site, Taylor - always nice to have another fellow Canuck join - there are a bunch of us scattered around, here.

Your dad had good taste in amps - as others have mentioned, a TFM-45 has incredible potential and will definitely set you on the slippery slope of OCCD.   It's well worth getting going.

For now, join in the fun, and take time to enjoy the music!

• Thank You 1