Hello everyone my name is Jeffery, I am new on this site and basically stumbled onto it when I was looking to find another 6250 for spare parts or maybe get mine repaired!!! I actually bought it when I was still in the service in 1990 and loved it from day one. I had several sets of very large speakers with it and at the time the only ones that could actually handle the carver was my Bose 901's. Maybe with this sites help I will be able to bring it back to full operation again!!! 

• Thank You 2

Hello Jeffery, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Hopefully one of the very talented members/techs will chime in with advice. 

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

Hey Jeffrey

Welcome!! Great to have you. The on-call techs should be back to you momentarily. Glad that you found us. Lots of good stuff going on here all the time so stick around and check it out. Lots of great guys here who are so much fun to hang with. Much more here than technical advice but that aspect is absolutely here. So glad to have you!!!

• Thank You 1

6 hours ago, kve777 said:

Welcome, Jeffery!   We can help you with the 6250, What ails it?

Hello kve777, well the last time I used it I had to turn the balance to one side and hook both of my 901's to the same speaker channel, had to double them on the same connection point and it also seemed like the tape1 and tape2 control wasn't functioning correctly either but not sure how to narrow it down but as soon as I get new aux cords and speaker wire I am going to hook it up again to see about giving you better details. I also was running it through my kenwood ge-1100 equalizer I just want to make sure I don't have bad cables or something stupid. I bought all the equipment when I was in Germany in 1990 and I really loved it and would love to get it back in order. The main thing I want to keep is my carver 6250!!! Thank you for any help you can give.

• Thank You 1

Sounds like bad replays and dirty switches. Let us know if the other channel comes back after switching the tape monitor switch back and forth a bunch of times and turn the volume way up with balance in the middle and both left and right channels connected to speakers. Don’t put two 901’s on one channel. 

• Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, kve777 said:

Sounds like bad replays and dirty switches. Let us know if the other channel comes back after switching the tape monitor switch back and forth a bunch of times and turn the volume way up with balance in the middle and both left and right channels connected to speakers. Don’t put two 901’s on one channel. 

Ok will try that and get back to you as soon as I can and if I can't get it working correctly would you be able to give it a good overhaul 

• Thank You 1

Welcome to the site @Jeffery Finkbeiner! Congratulations on keeping that receiver all these years after buying it new. I heard Carver in the 80’s, couldn’t afford it then so I started late in life. There is plenty of knowledgeable people here to help get that receiver working like new. Take a look around and enjoy the site......grin

Edited by Dadvw
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome to the site Jeffery. I also bought my first Carver in the service in Bamberg Germany in the late 80's. I found this place and had Greg @ Nelionaudio do his magic. Lots of information here and people to help if you want to take it on yourself. 

Fotolia_9058674_XS.jpg

• That Rocks 1

59 minutes ago, Dadvw said:

Welcome to the site @Jeffery Finkbeiner! Congratulations on keeping that receiver all these years after buying it new. I heard Carver in the 80’s, couldn’t afford it then so I started late in life. There is plenty of knowledgeable people here to help get that receiver working like new. Take a look around and enjoy the site......grin

Why thank you sure I'm sure learning new things ty o try already which is a plus and yes it does seem like a lot of good folks to help out. 

• That Rocks 1

44 minutes ago, Rob said:

Welcome to the site Jeffery. I also bought my first Carver in the service in Bamberg Germany in the late 80's. I found this place and had Greg @ Nelionaudio do his magic. Lots of information here and people to help if you want to take it on yourself. 

Fotolia_9058674_XS.jpg

That's awesome I was in Baumholder Germany from 1990 to 1992 when I bought my but it took a lot of saving which was easy for me because I was always in the field training!! Hahaha 

• That Rocks 2

7 minutes ago, Jeffery Finkbeiner said:

That's awesome I was in Baumholder Germany from 1990 to 1992 when I bought my but it took a lot of saving which was easy for me because I was always in the field training!! Hahaha 

Cool. I ETS'd Jan 90 Great times over there. 

• That Rocks 1