Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 hours ago, bfg4wd said:

Did I post this in the wrong place?

No. I have a post in the gallery of featured systems that I named, " Always changing " also. 

Just joking around. ~^

• Thank You 1

I spy a VPI Scout in the background. I miss mine terribly. 

How deep does the bass go with the Frugal Horns? And is it the bass you always wanted? I say this because it took me too damned long to get the bass right. A sub is the way for me. My DNA2 horns can go fairly low, maybe to 40-50hz but require a sub to muster lower bass.

15 hours ago, 4krow said:

I spy a VPI Scout in the background. I miss mine terribly. 

How deep does the bass go with the Frugal Horns? And is it the bass you always wanted? I say this because it took me too damned long to get the bass right. A sub is the way for me. My DNA2 horns can go fairly low, maybe to 40-50hz but require a sub to muster lower bass.

Yes VPI scout, the blue light in lower right is a phono stage I put into an old receiver chassis.

The frugal horns need the back wall for reinforcement, the picture is not of their current location. Also I have two Monitor audio silver 12's.

2 hours ago, 4krow said:

I really should have asked about the pre amp project. Who sells it? What about the power supply. Looks familiar. Pete Millett?

Its a Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5 

From DIY audio  

Its now in an enclosure

• Thank You 1
1 hour ago, 4krow said:

What challenges did you have with this project? Some 'kits' amount to a circuit board and a fuzzy schematic. What did you use for a chassis?

I gutted out an old small receiver from to 70's for the enclosure, mounting it in there was probably the most difficult.

Every thing is very well documented from the Linear Audio site, and on DIY audio there is a long thread about it.

• Thank You 1