Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was running my 1.0 and 4.0 hooked up to a CT7. Max volume is @ 5 o'clock and I wasn't touching the max headroom. Loud and crystal clear. So why? Why cant I have full control of both amps and hit max headroom at say, 3 o'clock?

When I run 1 amp I can max it out with no problem. 

IMG_6218.PNG

IMG_6219.PNG

Edited by Rob
  • Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2

I can't crank my system right now but tomorrow when I get home from work I'm going to blast it to see how it sounds! I'll see if I can peg the meters on the tfm-75, 2 A,-760X and PT - 2400!

Two Carver amazings, two Platinum IV's, two Carver silver series( bi -amped), 4 301's and two Klipsch 400 w subwoofers.

5,960 pure watts of amp power on tap, so far.  .Crank it, baby!

Edited by aceman117
  • Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 4

I would look at the schematic and see if the output gain can be adjusted the same as the C-1 and C-4000 preamps. That would give you more gain and more output from the amps.

• Thank You 2

I recently started running multiple amps with y cables because I didn't know I could do that in the past lol.

I can't even go to 12:00 without serious pain due to my wall of speakers. I just demoed the intro of "Born to be wild"for my neighbor (new Harley) definitely louder than a real Harley and when the drums hit, it hurt.

Anyway I would try and check the voltages to see which amp it is. 

https://www.audioholics.com/audio-amplifier/amplifier-voltage-gain

• Thank You 2

I think also it had to do with Spotify having songs that are playing at a lower recorded level because I played the same song with a CD and I couldn’t max it out. 

• Thank You 2
20 minutes ago, Yamacarver said:

I recently started running multiple amps with y cables because I didn't know I could do that in the past lol.

I can't even go to 12:00 without serious pain due to my wall of speakers. I just demoed the intro of "Born to be wild"for my neighbor (new Harley) definitely louder than a real Harley and when the drums hit, it hurt.

Anyway I would try and check the voltages to see which amp it is. 

https://www.audioholics.com/audio-amplifier/amplifier-voltage-gain

I will definitely look into the link. Because if the Y cables also have something to do with it then I need to look at other possibilities. 

• Thank You 2

I didn't mean to imply there was a problem with the y cables as mine are working great in fact you should be able to daisy chain them and run several amps.

Yeah it sounds like your problem was a weak signal to begin with. my Bluetooth seems to have a weak signal. It's definitely nice when all your sources have the same level, that's why my tuner has an adjustable output.

• Thank You 2

The CT-Seven is running out of OP-AMP driving power.  It uses a uPC4570HA-1 opamp for output(IC752). After it are R761/762(1KΩ) and R763/764(100kΩ) as voltage dividers. Theoretically, reducing the value of R761/762 and increasing the value of R763/764 should increase output, BUT! This may allow IC752 to drive at too high a current level. 

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1
2 hours ago, B-Man said:

A properly configured C-1 will cure this issue... 🙃

I have one just waiting for a motorized pot and remote. Got the grundy and the Bill-D kit. 

• Thank You 1

Hooking up two properly functioning amplifiers should not create the issue that you present.

The output of the Ct7 does have a resistor divider  (1K/100K) followed by 2 series 470 ohm resistors - then on to the output.

The 100K is insignificant, but even including it the calculation produces roughly the following results (I rounded the 470 ohms to 500 for simplicity):

One amplifier with 47K input impedance you will get 94.9% of the signal to the amp: -0.45dB

Two amplifiers with 47K input impedance you will get 91.2% of the signal to each amp: -0.8dB

This difference is not enough to cause much variation. Your source material must be at a much lower level than it was with one amp connected?

The C-1 will in fact change these numbers but not much. One set of C-1 outs has 200ohm series resistor, the other has 200 ohm with a 36K load. Both amps should get over 99% of the output level.

edit: But the C-1 likely has more overall system gain with so it may in fact give you the desired result with lower level source material.

Edited by jeffs
  • Thank You 4

Well I do have a C1 that is on deck for the Bill D mod, Grundy, and motorized pot. So it will be nice to experience it with a couple 4.0’s .  I really do like the CT-7 because of the tuner and remote capabilities. 

• Thank You 1