New guy

Hello everyone.  Just found this site today.  Wish I had found it sooner, as I sent two units off for a "chassis refresh" a week ago.  Hopefully I don't read that where I sent them off to was a mistake.  Anyway, I purchased most of my Carver components around 1987 while I was single and in the military.  Presently I own a C-1 preamp,  M-1.5t amp, which drive a pair of Cerwin Vega AT-100's. I also have TX-11a tuner and a DTL-200MK2 CD player.  Non-Carver equipment include a Teac X-1000r reel to reel, dbx subharmonic synthesizer, dbx dynamic range controller, dbx single ended noise reduction, and a dbx program route selector.  

Sadly, all this has been boxed up for 15+ years. Now that the kids are out, and have a newer home, I starting to get reacquainted with it all.

As I mentioned,  the C-1 and M-1.5t have been sent off for a overhaul. The DTL-200MK2 will soon follow.   I finish re-coning the AT-100 woofer myself, quite pleased with the outcome. 

I feel I should start looking for a Carver cassette deck next...

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 2

Hello Hal, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

You didn't mention names but "Chassis refresh" suggests Rolland @ Hi Tech Audio. Several here have had work done by him. I don't know of any complaints. That said, there are several very talented techs that hang out here. 

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 2

Yes, intentionally didn't mention names, as I wanted to dig around the forums first to find any additional info.  I did send them off to Rolland at Hi Tech Audio. So far he has responded to all my emails within a couple of hours. Most within 30 minutes. 

• Thank You 2

• Community Admin

Welcome @Hal, Rolland will do good work.  There are others, too, as your OCCD takes you down the rabbit hole! 

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

When you get your gear back, we love pictures ! 😉 

• Thank You 2

Welcome Hal to the Carver site. I too started my Carver path while single in the Army. (Bamberg) 1987 - 1990.  This a great place to be. Enjoy!!!

Fotolia_9058674_XS.jpg

• Thank You 2

Welcome Hal!
You have a nice collection of gear there, especially the reel to reel. I would love to have one of those models fully refreshed but I don’t have the space for one. You will enjoy your gear when it gets back home. It will sound great and last for many years. We have several good techs here that do great work. Depending on where you live, it might save you some shipping costs. Take a look around and we hope you enjoy the site.

• Thank You 1

Hey Hal - welcome aboard!

not sure what part of Utah you are in, but there’s a nice little (3) cadre of us up around the Layton area. In fact, we got together yesterday fao a fun listening session and good conversation:-)

• That Rocks 2

Welcome to the asylum. Glad you came in - did you hear the door lock behind you ?

You're stuck now so make yourself at home, buy a lot more Carver gear, post some pictures of it and enjoy the interaction with all of the whack jobs that call this place home.

🙂

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 2

Welcome Hal! I just joined this site on Feb 3 and also have a C-1 and M1.5t in need of a refresh. I’ll keep an eye on how it goes for you while I continue to absorb as much as I can from the wealth of knowledge on this site.

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome.jpg.a2e81989f3005675b94b5a6731d19cec.jpg

Welcome to the site, @Hal, and I think I may have missed a welcome to @Blueprintt along the way as well.

It seems that both of you are well and truly infected with OCCD, so I can't offer any worthwhile warnings about it's perils to either of you.

Hal, you had the good sense to get things refreshed.  Regardless of where or who, with your equipment having been boxed up for a while, that was a very wise move.  Also good for you for getting back into it.  Refreshed Carver equipment can stand up against almost anything short of equipment in the megabucks range, and somethings hold it's ground there, really well, too.

Should it be necessary, there are certainly people, here, who are more than qualified to refresh or fix virtually anything bearing Bob Carver's name.  The fellow who runs the site @Nahash5150 at Nelion Audio being a perfect example. 

Remember to post some pictures of your systems when you can.   And remember to enjoy the music,  :D

• Thank You 2