Yet another new guy.....

Hello All,

As a guest I was able to read several threads, this sounds like a group that should prove to be interesting to be a part of.  So, I guess the first thing I'm supposed to do is tell you about me and why I decided to join.  The part about me might take a while, so we'll save that for later.  Why I decided to join, may sound familiar, I too have had some Carver equipment for many years.  And.... like many others have written, have decided to get it out of storage, bring it back to life and enjoy it again.  The second thing that seems popular is to describe what Carver stuff I have...  The recently resurrected system is a Carver CT-7, Dahlquist LP1, a set of m1.0t in mono/bridge mode (high end) , and a set of m4.0t also in mono/bridge mode (low end) all driving a pair of Infinity Quantum II speakers.   Do have several questions for the group that I'm hoping to find answers to.....

Thanks for the opportunity to join this group where we can all share knowledge, experience, and learn new things !!  

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 3

Welcome !!

Impressive 1st post - you have done well so far.

Now, get on eBay and buy something Carver and then post about it here. Repeat said activity 20+ times and you'll have everyone eating from your hands.

Are you planning on refreshing / upgrading those M1.0t amps?

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

Well as a matter of fact I am looking into refreshing the m1.0t (and the m4.0t) amps but...... I recently discovered that the m1.0t amps  I have are two very different versions/designs.  The one m1.0t is an early version without the mono/stereo switch, believe they call it an inverting design (??).  The other m1.0t is a later model with the mono/stereo switch, believe that's the non-inverting design(??).   So, before the refresh upgrade I need to get a matched set of m1.0t's, leaning towards the non-inverting type.   Am in the market for a m1.0t , just need to decide which one to go after. 

And... that opens the door for one of my questions that should generate some opinions.   What are the opinions/thoughts out there on the inverting verses non-inverting designs?    Areas I'm curious about regarding the inverting verses non-inverting designs are sound quality, performance and reliability??     

• Thank You 2

Hello oakley104, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

You have a nice collection of gear, and those amps are highly regarded here.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 2

Hi Oakley104!!!!

Welcome. It's good to have you and I am certain that your questions will be answered promptly by one of the expert techs on call. Glad that you found Carversite. It is a great group of guys and a whole lot of fun.

• Thank You 2

Welcome.jpg.57a2fd0cf8fc05eabee611aa16d24b59.jpg

Welcome to the group @oakley104!  No sense warning you of the perils of OCCD, it's clearly too late, which means you fit in here perfectly!  :D

There are lots of people who can help out with almost any Carver question, here, so do feel free to ask them.  I won't promise to be of much use, especially for the more technical questions, but there are certainly those here who can.  

When you get to the point you can post some pictures, we would love to see some of your system.  In the mean time, remember to enjoy the music!

• Thank You 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Walrus Gumboot said:

Welcome to the site!

That is a very impressive collection of equipment and I can't wait to see pictures of it all.

What he said......grin

• That Rocks 1

• Community Admin

Welcome to the Carver Fraternity..., 

Let the Hazing Begin !   Shots of OCCD, until ..., well, it's a journey.

Welcome !

fotolia_59356798_subscription_xxl.jpg

• Haha 2

WOW, Thank YOU,  what welcome from everyone !!!  A special Thanks to Brian_at _HHH for helping me see the my OCCD might be worse than I Thought ......  😂

And to AndrewJohn who showed me OCCD treatments do come in liquid form !!  Let the Journey begin

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, oakley104 said:

WOW, Thank YOU,  what welcome from everyone !!!  A special Thanks to Brian_at _HHH for helping me see the my OCCD might be worse than I Thought ......   And to AndrewJohn who showed me OCCD treatments do come in liquid form !!  Let the Journey begin

Your OCCD is minor compared to a lot of folks, here - at least, so far.  And, yes, follow @AndrewJohn's advice - it doesn't really help the OCCD, but you are happier with the "journey!"  😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, oakley104 said:

And to AndrewJohn who showed me OCCD treatments do come in liquid form

They also come in inhalants, but only at 4:20 PM.  :D

• Haha 3