Favorite album by year.

kve777

Let’s hear what your favorite album is from 1958!  Why 58? It’s considered the first year of stereo. 

In the future I will name other years so hold your other favs. For now just Le’s released in 1958. 

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

Right now I like all the old jazz greats from that era (Miles Davis, Ellington,  Blakey, Brubeck, Adderley) but what I remember liking most at the time was my Dad listening to Glenn Miller and my Mom listening to Connie Francis.

GlennMiller.jpg

ConnieFrancis.jpeg

• Thank You 4

I like Mark's choice.  My dad bought that Kingston Trio album when he was in University.  My folks haven't had a turntable for, oh, about 35 years but I have the records and that Kingston Trio record is one of my favourites.

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

27 minutes ago, Balok said:

I like Mark's choice.  My dad bought that Kingston Trio album when he was in University.  My folks haven't had a turntable for, oh, about 35 years but I have the records and that Kingston Trio record is one of my favourites.

I had never heard of them until I started hanging with my in-laws 30 years ago. I enjoy the “story” format of many of their songs - and there’s a good dose of humor in many of them too. Good stuff. 

• That Rocks 1

5 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

I had never heard of them until I started hanging with my in-laws 30 years ago. I enjoy the “story” format of many of their songs - and there’s a good dose of humor in many of them too. Good stuff. 

They were one of my parents favorites. When I got all of their albums after my mom passed away I found that they had an entire collection of The Kingston Trio albums. Started listening and found this gem....

Reminded me of another song.....

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2