Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Site Funding Auction, C-2

Have had this C-2 for a while and thought that its time for it to have a new home.  Decided to put it up for auction with ALL proceeds going to help fund theCareverSite.  I will cover shipping to the lower 48 or a $25 credit for shipping to Canada.   Been very impressed with how everyone shares knowledge, information and is always willing to help.   Not to mention having  a little fun along the way.

Bought this C-2 with a carver amp in a package deal a while back.  Function wise it seems to work fine.  It does have a few minor bumps and scrapes.  The only other issue is cosmetic, the previous owner had put dymo labels on the faceplate near the selector and power switches that left light stains which don't seem to want to come off.  The RCA plugs on the rear seem to be in good shape no cracks or other issues noted.  Pictures of inside and outside in attached PDFC-2 pics.pdf.   No obvious signs of repairs or defects were noted.  No owners manual or original box is included in this auction.  Any questions, please ask !! 

Please respond to this topic with your bids. I'll provide updates on the bidding and reminders in case you forget.  The bidding will close on midnight March 17, someone, Irish or not,  will have a lucky St Patrick's day.   Before anyone asks, no I'm not Irish, and not a fan of green beer, although beer is on my fav list. 

Winner to be be announced March 18.  PayPal payment to be made directly to Thecarversite@gmail.com  

Thanks in advance for your bids and supporting theCarverSite. !!!!  

• Thank You 6
  • That Rocks 3

Indeed it is a good cause. This site is donation funded, and no, nobody gets an 'income'. All proceeds are used for the site operation costs.

I bid $110

• Thank You 2

Update on the site funding C-2 auction.  Wanted to thank ALL bidders to date who have helped bid this site funding auction up to $130 dollars.  Also wanted to remined everyone the auction ends on midnight March 17, just over a week away.   This is everyone's chance to help support TCS and help provide resources to make it the best it can be.  Don't forget to place your bid !!! 

bidding.thumb.gif.05f85a0cdfcf6971846f9ae66f028947.gif     

• Thank You 1
  • Love this! 1
Posted (edited)

Again a BIG thanks to all and @TJActual for stepping up and offering a very nice Bump!!  Just a friendly reminder ONLY five bidding days left before the end of this auction on midnight St Patrick's day, March 17.  This is your chance to own a Carver C-2 preamp AND support a worthy cause the TCS; its your chance to show your support for everything TCS offers and pickup some Carver gear to add to your collection.  Please consider bidding in this site funding auction tp help a Good cause,  100% of al proceeds go directly to TCS !!! 

Edited by oakley104

Again, a big Thank YOU to everyone that has bid in the site funding auction !!  Last day, and last few hours to cast your bid to help fund TCS and add a Carver C-2 to your collection.  Please show your support for TCS and cast you bid before the auction ends tonight !!!   

Good morning TCS @BarryG is the high bidder for the site funding auction,  your Irish (or??) luck has provided you with some Carver gear to add to your collection.  We all Thank You for supporting TCS!!!!

• Thank You 3

Thanks Ken, thanks for offering this as a fundraiser!  Payment sent to Greg and address to you ken!  Have a wonderful day!

barry

• That Rocks 4
  • Community Admin

Congratulations Barry, and thank you both for supporting C!. :) 

• That Rocks 2

I really did not need another preamp, I wanted to support the site,  the preamp will find a home around the corner at my brothers!  Funny I win this as I am about yo list a bunch of gear for sale!  Keep eyes open for what I’ll be offering.  I scored a haul of five items in excellent condition on Sunday!  I’ve already sold the tape deck a TD-1700.

Have a great Day!

Barry

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

HA !!!  So, your Irish luck did prevail !!!  That's very interesting, who would have thought, right?

Hoping to get the C-2 shipped tomorrow, is USPS ok in your area?