Carver PMX-900/PX-1450 Newbie Question

Hi all, 

I barely know anything about Carver amplifiers. I picked up a PMX-900 sort of by chance a few years back and have been using it for running some vintage Martin Audio full range tops of over a couple

of Cubo 18s for added bottom end. Over all I've been very happy and I they do work really well together.   Recently I built another pair of Cubos and I now find that my rig is really quite bottom heavy.

From reading up on the specs on my Martin Audios I should be able to run them with a more powerful amp. My question is whether I'd be best off looking for another PMX-900 to run 2 in bridge mode

or try to find a PX-1450? They obviously look similar on the outside but I have no idea if they're similar in character. I'm in the UK and here they're very rare but I have a lead on a 1450.

Would appreciate any advice, many thanks

Andreas

• Thank You 3

Hello Andreas, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

I have no experience with the Carver Pro amps, but many here use and love them. I'm sure one of them will chime in. 

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

• 4 weeks later...

Does no one have any info/opinions on these? I fear I may have been a bit rude by getting straight to the point buy I really would appreciate any advice. I'm not very good at these group thingies....

• Thank You 2

This is a pretty busy site, and your post may have been overlooked. There are several here that use the Carver Pro amplifiers. Hopefully, one of them will chime in.

• Thank You 1

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, davidc said:

You might want to move your post to another one of the more applicable sections of the forum.

The only folks that can move posts are the admins and moderators.

Dont worry Andrea's.  Once you get used to it a little, you will get to know where everything is and you will really enjoy it. I was the same when I started out about a year ago. 

Edited by Receiver2000