Hello from Kentucky

Hello to all, as my user name alludes I am in Western Kentucky, now before any fellow Kentuckians can chime in - yes I used the wrong date, it should have been 1792, not 1798... to be fair I am originally from Wisconsin.

Currently retired from 40 years in industrial automation, owned a small TV & computer repair shop for 10 years, but have very little experience in audio equipment.

Recently I re-capped my M-500t, also installed the new 5-way binding posts and gold RCA jacks, as she just turned 36 last month.

My other equipment that needs some work are my; M-400, C-4000, TX-11, and DTL-200... which will be another story.

You guys have a nice forum here and think I read the entire M-500t thread in the first hour of signing-up.

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

Hello 1798wky, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

That's a nice collection of Carver gear you have there. The M500t is my favorite Carver amp. I'm currently using one in my main 2 channel rig. 

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

Welcome.jpg.f2699d497953ba6a28d62863a8650789.jpg

Welcome to the group!  Sounds like your Audio tech knowledge is quite decent, in spite of what you say, but I don't think any of the Carver mods will be using tubes the size of what you used to work with.  :D  Then again, from some of the crazy creations I've seen, out there, I could well be proved wrong.

You have certainly gathered together quite the collection of Carver toys to play with, there.

We're glad you found your way here - there's lots of friendly help out there when you do get to working on the other pieces, just don't take any core electronics advice from Yours Truly, or you may wish you'd stuck to automation and TV repairs.  

For now, join in the fun and remember to enjoy the music.

1 hour ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

... but I don't think any of the Carver mods will be using tubes the size of what you used to work with. 

You may be right when hoisting about those 200 pound 32" Sony Trintron's

Edited by 1798wky
remove errant quote
  • Thank You 1
  • Haha 2