Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You may think this is being posted by a 17-year-old kid, but unfortunately, I am a retired 1960's boy who is by no means an audiophile.

I pert my unused stereo stuff on top just for the photo and only use the Cerwin Vega CV-2800 amp. The two pairs of three 15" woofers are wired in parallel to 2.66 ohms for about 1200 watts per channel stereo mode (1400 watt x 2 @ 2 ohms). Those cabinets were sadly destroyed Cerwin Vega XLS-215s ($1500 pr.) by too much Wild Turkey 101.

The four Skar 8" subwoofers are wired in 4-ohm pairs and driven by my M-500t at 350 WPC stereo mode. They are mounted in a hollow support column 7 feet tall by 1-foot square (7cuft) made from 2"x12" lumber and side vented with 2" x 4" aeroports. 

WooferWall.JPG

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1
Kentucky Bourbon 2
My TV wall sports four Sony towers (ripped in half lengthwise to fit flush into the wall) with eight 6.5" mid-rangers (2 are repurposed sub-woofers), this morning for test and grins I mounted four 8" sub-woofers tilted slighted downward. This is actually a second wall built in front of an original 4" wall with a 4' x 8' cubby hole for the TV and audio equipment. Those subs will be moved to the bottom later to make room for a new 70" TV.
Nothing special for amps here but once I finish repairing my Carver M400 it will be driving those subs - what a pain in the ass it is to work on that magic cube... This wall actually sounds pretty damn good as those four 8" subs are served well by a $90 Douk M1 Pro mini-amp and the soundbar is a TCL Alto 9+ 3.1 Dolby Atmos.

TVwall.JPG

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2
Kentucky Bourbon 3
The Bear wall - which I built to hold up a sagging roof-line contains my M-500t, Kenwood Basic C1 & Peavey XO35. The bears are to pay homage to the ones that almost ate me during a 1977 camping trip & the Oregon pint is an overpriced $40 beer glass from my son in Bend... The C1 & Peavey also controls the CV-2800 woofer amp.
The Kracken rum is just because, Buffalo Trace is hands down good bourbon, Makers Mark is overrated, and WT101 has always been a good friend who makes use of the 30-minute timer on the pizza oven.

The Bear Wall.jpg

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2
My M500t was missing the original meter lamps, so I bought 10 of these blue LEDs ($1 each) not having the original lamp holders I just wrapped them in black tape for a friction fit. On the lamp holder circuit board, I soldered in a mini full-wave bridge rectifier and an electrolytic capacitor. The original 8 vac output becomes 11.3 vdc and drives the LEDs nicely, even the dimmer works (barely). This is a picture of them on high, I could probably find a better diffuser but that's another story.

BlueLed.jpg

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2

Thanks, I'll take that in a good way - only because I spray painted those (Pyle) woofers flat black with BBQ paint and transplanted the Cerwin Vega dust caps onto those craptastic Rockvilles with rubber cement.

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

You can't clearly see it in the top left-hand of my original picture but I have a "brand new in box" Carver RSI-1 Remote System Interface. The box is not in good shape and is water stained, it has the warranty card but sadly no instructions or manual. I see it retailed for $299.

CarverRSI.jpg

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1
12 hours ago, 1798wky said:

You can't clearly see it in the top left-hand of my original picture but I have a "brand new in box" Carver RSI-1 Remote System Interface. The box is not in good shape and is water stained, it has the warranty card but sadly no instructions or manual. I see it retailed for $299.

CarverRSI.jpg

I have one of those!   I use it every day.  That way the dog can get in and out of the back door without it closing. LOL.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, AndrewJohn said:

Simply awesome...,

I think one of the best threads of the week ! 

😉

You cant beat the kentucky mid-east-west-south-north for good limestone bourbon... made some myself, an it aint easy... 2 row 6 row  barley malts an all that jazz

• Thank You 1
35 minutes ago, AndrewJohn said:

I think one of the best threads of the week ! 

I call this picture 'Kentucky Fried Blues" Miller beer can for scale.

four plates with a rain rainmaker into a condenser. = 94% all day long

KentuckyFriedBlues.JPG

• That Rocks 3

She's about 6 foot tall and only makes clear liquids, unfortunately I bought it from a place in the monkeys eyebrow and it is registered with the US government for tax purposes . Last year in mid-pandemic I was contacted by the USA to make hand sanitizer tax free.

Never - never, dammit never, under any circumstance give your real name to anybody - period, not even to Taco John - I  now use the name Ed (easy to spell), works well with pizza delivery too.

column_boiler.jpg

• Haha 2