Old To Carver, New To This Site

Hi all. My name is Robert. I've owned Carver components since 1987. I still own three of the four I purchased then: The C-1 Preamplifier (with the Nelion Audio Bill D Mod as of January 2021), the m1.0t Power Amplifier and the TX-11a AM/FM Tuner. I currently use the m1.0t and C-1 in my Apple Mac Pro workstation, so it also doubles as a nice sound system on this side of my house.

I currently have the TX-11a in storage as I seldom listen to over the air radio so I'd like to put it out there that I'm willing to sell it to good homes out there who still may want it. I'm looking for best offer + shipping charges.

Thanks folks

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

Hello Robert, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

A BillD C-1 and an M1.0t is an awesome combination. You might consider a refresh or an upgrade of the M1.0t. You'll be amazed at the difference it will make. As you well know, Greg does excellent work.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• That Rocks 1

1 hour ago, PMAT said:

Welcome to Carverworld, the ride that never stops. :|:

The train has to refuel sometime.....grin. 
Welcome Robert! You have 2 nice pieces of Carver gear, original owner, I am envious. I had to wait until I was 50+ to get mine. I agree with @Sk1Bumabout getting the refresh on the M1.0 since it is 30+ years old. We hope you enjoy the site.......grin

Welcome.jpg.161124edfe6a7383e579d35e5a9f2d1e.jpg

Welcome to the group!  You've certainly been in the Carver world for a while, and you clearly found your way to Chez Nahash5150 for some great updates on your gear.  

I can't help much on the TX-11a front, other than to suggest the Novice's gear (FS/WTB) or hang in for a bit and post it to the Member's gear (FS/WTB) once you get past the Novice stage - that likely won't take any time.   Just beware that you don't wind up in a situation where you regret parting with it a little ways down the road!  I see a lot of folks here lament doing exactly that.  :D

In the mean time, join in the fun, and remember to enjoy the music.

• Thank You 1

On 3/29/2021 at 7:53 PM, Robert Dada said:

Hi all. My name is Robert. I've owned Carver components since 1987. I still own three of the four I purchased then: The C-1 Preamplifier (with the Nelion Audio Bill D Mod as of January 2021), the m1.0t Power Amplifier and the TX-11a AM/FM Tuner. I currently use the m1.0t and C-1 in my Apple Mac Pro workstation, so it also doubles as a nice sound system on this side of my house.

I currently have the TX-11a in storage as I seldom listen to over the air radio so I'd like to put it out there that I'm willing to sell it to good homes out there who still may want it. I'm looking for best offer + shipping charges.

Thanks folks

BTW, if anyone is interested in making an offer on my TX-11a tuner, please feel free to contact me at <deleted>

Edited by Sk1Bum
removed email address. Contact via PM
  • Thank You 1

57 minutes ago, Robert Dada said:

BTW, if anyone is interested in making an offer on my TX-11a tuner, please feel free to contact me at <deleted>

Robert, I removed your email address. I try to discourage private contact information on the public forum. Feel free to use the site's private message system for personal information. Thank!