Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6250 is bad need of some love

My plan is to take it apart and clean it with air.  Put it back together and see if it works 😃.   It looks like it's been in storage for some time.  Anything needed for that besides a ground strap?

A few months ago I had my AVR100 repaired by Roland Barr at Hi-Tech audio. Her did a fantastic job refreshing my unit and it sounds fantastic. His phone number is 503-618-7605. Repair cost is very good and the results are worth every penny. I think he said he was able to get 200 watts out of it at 4 ohms. Posted this morning to the site this morning if anyone knew of a member considering selling their working AVR100. Would like to have another one

Email me at <deleted>

Edited by Sk1Bum
personal contact info removed--Contact via PM
  • Community Admin

Hi Elio, and welcome to thecarversite.com We're glad you're hear ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

I removed your email address from your post. I do all I can to discourage posting personal contact information on the public forum. Feel free to share your personal information via PM.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• That Rocks 1

Welcome to the site, looks like you have quite a project on your schedule ....  Lots of great folks here should you get stuck or need some help !!  Good luck with your project... 

Welcome to the site. Some air and a few different styles of brushes should get it somewhat clean. Definitely will need some cleaner for the pots. Good luck!

Posted (edited)

all cleaned up and sounding great.  just wanted to ad that the Klipsch Speakers are KG.5's and sound great with the unit

Edited by Drifter1151
forgot information :)_
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2
Posted (edited)

Update :)

The only problem that i have run into is the tape dubbing selector knob is broken and when I first turn on the amp i need to work that switch back and forth to get both channels working... odd but I'm guessing that switch just needs to be cleaned out some. 

Edited by Drifter1151
gramer :)

That is a normal problem believe it or not. Take the bottom cover off and spray both ends and work it for awhile. And it might be good for a bit then come back. It took mine a few times over a period of a month  before I seen it go away completely. And it also happens to the monitor switch on other models.  They don’t get used much and create issues. 

Edited by Rob
  • Thank You 1