Hello. New to Carver and This Site.

Hi,

I just got an MXR-130 receiver and I am going through it to bring it back to good operating condition.  So far I have found one bad cap and I have a few missing knobs.  Anxious to get this baby fired up and playing some music.  Glad I found this site to help me along the process and maybe I will be able to offer some useful information as well.

I have a lot of vintage audio equipment from the late 1970's, having served in the armed forces and accumulated most of my gear overseas.  I have an electrical engineering background, now retired, and I'm not afraid to tackle a new project.  I look forward to reading through the forums to see what valuable information I may be able to glean.  Thank you for allowing me to join the community!

Frank

• Thank You 8
  • That Rocks 3

Hello Frank, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

There are quite a few Carver receiver fans here, and I'm sure they'll be happy to help you along your journey.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

Welcome fellow gear nut. Jump right in here and go for it. No need to be shy or worrying about stepping on toes. It’s a mellow, fun group here. Glad you found us!

• Thank You 1

Welcome Frank, glad to have you here. As an electrical engineer, you will likely really appreciate Bob Carver's designs. Good luck on your project. You will find a lot of very talented people here to provide guidance from their experience! P.S. We love photos of your gear!

• Thank You 2

• Community Admin

Welcome @Imafed.  I was a bit worried about your handle..., as there may be a few illicit-leaning activities and threads ... LoL.   

Momentarily thought we'd been infiltrated by a mole..., JUST KIDDING 😉 Love the handle.  Now you need a suitable G-man style avatar to go with it !

Frank, really glad you found us.  Ex military service, and your background..., you will fit right in.

REALLY Glad you found us.

A bit more activity and you'll be able to upload pictures.  We'd love to see what you are working on, and how it comes together in your system.

Welcome !

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

Welcome Frank if we can recruit a couple more retired EE's we might be able to turn this ship around.... Lots of great folks here tp help you along your journey.  If you can't find what your looking for please ask, its probably here, and there are many who know where to look .

Welcome to the TCS club, jump right in the waters fine !!!  

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome to the site Frank. The MXR 150 was my first Carver piece that I also bought when I was in the service in Germany. I have held onto it for all these years and had @Nahash5150 refresh it for me. He definitely brought it back to life and I was able to enjoy it again. 

Since then I have been deep into the rabbit hole and haven't found any light at the other end of the tunnel. Good luck with your project and enjoy the site. Its a great place to be. ~^

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind welcome.  I have my MX-130 working, just need to find a few missing knobs and she will be good to go.  Anyone have any experience with replacement knobs for these units?  I tried a place called circuitsandconcepts on eBay and they actually referred me back to this site :).

Thanks,

Frank

• Thank You 1

Welcome.jpg.205f69c87b367be2ede701bd87e1b85f.jpg

A belated welcome to the group @Imafed!  The Chris(?) at Circuits & Things is part of the site, if not on all the time, and he's probably right to point you here to try and find bits and pieces like that.  I'm afraid I can't help, but perhaps someone here will have a doner system they can help you with.  At least you have it working which is the major part of the battle.

Join in the conversations, and enjoy the music.  

• Thank You 1

Welcome to the jungle Frank !!

Hit up @kve777 for potential parts. He may have an old unit that he can scavenge a few parts from. He owns or has owned more Carver gear than just about anyone on this forum - and he's a great guy.  

• Thank You 1