Mobile Fidelity - Blood, Sweat & Tears, UD1S-016 is now shipping

Sk1Bum

Thanks. I did check the site, and no surprise, it is sold out. For me, $125 is too much anyway, BUT this is one of my all time favorites, only because of the music on the second side, i.e. the variations. 

46 minutes ago, 4krow said:

Thanks. I did check the site, and no surprise, it is sold out. For me, $125 is too much anyway, BUT this is one of my all time favorites, only because of the music on the second side, i.e. the variations. 

Sorry, I was using my phone, or I would have pasted in the url. I imagine it's probably listed for $250+ on ebay already.

Spinning Wheel was playing in my head as I stood outside the dime store downtown. Was I 10? Man, that was too long ago, yet the music remains. God bless the child.

7 minutes ago, Sk1Bum said:

Sorry, I was using my phone, or I would have pasted in the url. I imagine it's probably listed for $250+ on ebay already.

Sk1bum, When you get the album, can you make a cassette tape for me?

You know, that comment started off as a sort of joke, but now, remembering the ability of better cassette recorders, I was often surprised at the results. That really did prompt me to look at the cassette deck thread just now and make me wonder,,,, hmmm, where could I put a deck? The shop is the likely answer.

In September of 1988, my house got burglarized, and my stereo got stolen. All of the stereo gear was recovered except the Pioneer CT-F900. I never replaced it.

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha 1

Sorry to hear that. It would have scarred me, truthfully. I am betting that these days we are relatively safe from thieves even knowing what the hell they are even looking at. 

• Thank You 1

No, thank you. Today was the first time I've had use since the theft, and I don't know how long it had sat unused prior to that.

I've posted this elsewhere on the site, but 25(?) years ago my house was burgled and my Sony 3 head cassette deck was taken.  A few years ago it showed up on the local classifieds. I had replaced the power switch with something not stock so it was easy to identify. Got it back for $25 and it works perfectly.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

2 minutes ago, 4krow said:

Sorry to hear that. It would have scarred me, truthfully. I am betting that these days we are relatively safe from thieves even knowing what the hell they are even looking at. 

Turns out, it was a former coworker that lived around the corner from me. 

I didn't discover the burglary. I was gone for the weekend, and when I got home there was a note on my kitchen table from the local police department. Some kids were driving by and saw a man carrying an armload of stereo gear down the sidewalk at 1 in the morning. They turned around, and the guy dropped the gear and took off running. They picked up the gear, and then called the police.

I also had a Glock 17 stolen in that burglary that was recovered a few days later. A woman was trying to cash stolen checks at a grocery store, and her boyfriend had the gun under the seat of her car.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, 4krow said:

Especially if it's a R2R, turntable, or cassette player. 

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, 4krow said:

Now days guys, they just go for the guns.

and the wiring, and your catalytic converter...