Just Like Carver

Like all of you, I have several Carver components.  Not sure what Mr. Carver was up to when, in 1976, I purchased my first set of gear while visiting Japan; a Sansui 8080, Technics turntable and Kenwood 777 speakers.  When I discovered the “Carver Receiver” in 1985, I became a proud owner of one.  Currently I run two M1.0t(s) bridged mono driving a set of appropriate Kenwood speakers (not the 777s) along with a McIntosh MC402 into a pair of B&W DM 604 speakers, tied together with a NAD preamp, 1400 WPC.  I’m not an electrician.  What brought me to this site was researching the best way to Rehab my 1985 Carver Receiver to give to my daughter.  I have an appointment with Nelion in eight months to do just that.  Meantime, I’m going to try to learn everything I can about Carver via your experts on this site.  Thanks for reading this and letting me join.

-Jeff S

• Thank You 7
  • That Rocks 4

Welcome JRS!!! So good to have you. Lots of good things going on around here all the time so hope you enjoy it. These guys know lots about audio but are so much fun just to hang around with on many other topics. Enjoy!!!!

• Thank You 2

Hello JRS, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

There are quite a few Carver receiver fans around here, and I think almost everyone has an M1.0t or more.  They're both highly regarded.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• That Rocks 2

• Community Admin

Welcome, @JRS, Glad you found us.

hang out, enjoy.

And, of course, that setup you have..., gotta' post some pics.  1400WPC, that sounds awesome - and I bet it does ! 😉

Great story on giving the receiver to your daughter..., I gave my daughter an M1.0t MkII Opt2, (from Nelion/Greg) new black faceplate I put on, and a C-11 (from DennisMiller) pre-amp driving Polk speakers and a Denon 47f servo-tonearm turntable..., WAY more than I had at her age..., but she's worth it.  Your daughter no doubt has your genes, as she jumps into Carver-land.

Oh, yea, I had to also give my daughter an RCA-to-Apple-lightening cable to connect her iPhone to stream tunes through the C-1..., some sacrifices are required 😉 ... taking her iPhone stream through the system blows her friends away..., compared to their little blue-tooth speakers they own and think are "audiophile."

• Thank You 2