Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Hey Carver Community! Drew here...new here just breakin' some ice and lookin' forward to a 'cool' experience with you all. I'm a retired U.S. Army Staff Sergeant with a passion for 'old school' stereo goodies esp Carver! I have a Carver TFM-22 rack system and I love it! 

  • Thank You 6
  • That Rocks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Admin

Hello Drew, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

 

Thank you for your service.


Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.


In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

 

giphy.gif

 

  • Thank You 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you here. We hope you enjoy the site and learning about the gear.

Thank you for your service!

  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dennis47 said:

WELCOME @Drew Losch!

Glad you found us...

Tell us about your 'old school' stereo journey.

 

Thank you for your service ~^

Thank you! I'd do it all over again...USA! I have a great 'old school' story to tell you guys. I was driving down the street in Jefferson, Ohio and it was a residential area so very slow speed. I saw a lady walking from her house on the lawn, and she was toting an amplifier! She was heading straight for the curb where there was trash...I stopped the car and asked her what she had there. She was struggling with the weight of the amp, so I knew it was something good. It was a Sansui AU- 7700 in beautiful condition. I said "Are you junking this"? She said "Yes, it doesn't work". I promptly and carefully took the amp from her arms..."Can I have this"??? SURE! take it. I loaded it in my car and she went back in. Just as I was driving away, she came out yelling, "Hey, I have this too'! It was the original laminated set-up sheet in perfect condition! WOW! a complete treasure!  I'll post some pics here soon...the ones I have are too large...can't post them.

  • That Rocks 2
  • Love this! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Drew Losch said:

Thank you! I'd do it all over again...USA! I have a great 'old school' story to tell you guys. I was driving down the street in Jefferson, Ohio and it was a residential area so very slow speed. I saw a lady walking from her house on the lawn, and she was toting an amplifier! She was heading straight for the curb where there was trash...I stopped the car and asked her what she had there. She was struggling with the weight of the amp, so I knew it was something good. It was a Sansui AU- 7700 in beautiful condition. I said "Are you junking this"? She said "Yes, it doesn't work". I promptly and carefully took the amp from her arms..."Can I have this"??? SURE! take it. I loaded it in my car and she went back in. Just as I was driving away, she came out yelling, "Hey, I have this too'! It was the original laminated set-up sheet in perfect condition! WOW! a complete treasure!  I'll post some pics here soon...the ones I have are too large...can't post them.

 

DSCN0731 (2).JPG

  • That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drew Losch said:

 

DSCN0731 (2).JPG

I have other pics, but need to trim them down to post. The amp had a few blown power supply cans. I'll post those pics soon! Man, they were swollen, but didn't leak thank God.

  • That Rocks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome.jpg.f481e1327f3a305269c8ef45c58ef8ec.jpg

 

Welcome to the group, Drew! 

 

I was already drooling over the Sansui 7700 before I read your story.  OMG, you scored a free 7700, in THAT condition?  Congrats indeed - at least it found a great home, instead of winding up as trash.  ~^

 

Keep your eyes open for more such trash!  In the mean time, join in the fun, here, and enjoy the music!

  • Thank You 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AndrewJohn said:

Welcome, @Drew Losch.

 

Glad you found us..., You are going to love it here...

 

That Sansui is a great story - and unit.

 

Thanks so much for the reply! Yes, it was a great day and PERFECT timing seeing the woman toting that amp....she was struggling a bit because of the weight, but I gladly snapped it up.

  • That Rocks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

Welcome.jpg.f481e1327f3a305269c8ef45c58ef8ec.jpg

 

Welcome to the group, Drew! 

 

I was already drooling over the Sansui 7700 before I read your story.  OMG, you scored a free 7700, in THAT condition?  Congrats indeed - at least it found a great home, instead of winding up as trash.  ~^

 

Keep your eyes open for more such trash!  In the mean time, join in the fun, here, and enjoy the music!

Thanks so much for the reply! It was a great day for sure...I wonder if the trash guys would have recognized what was there if I wasn't. Chances are, it would have been in the back of a truck among heaps of rubbish.

  • That Rocks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2021 at 6:57 PM, BluesMan57 said:

Welcome to the forum Sir…….Glad to have you……

 

Thank you! I'd do it all again...I loved serving. USA! USA!

  • That Rocks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2021 at 9:35 AM, Sk1Bum said:

Hello Drew, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

 

Thank you for your service.


Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.


In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

 

giphy.gif

 

Thanks so much! Looking fwd to a great experience here.

  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Drew!!! Hey, love your story about the Sansui.....and go USA. So happy to have you. Great guys here and lots of good stuff going on all the time. 

  • Thank You 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Welcome Drew to the Carver site. Always great to add a member as well as another veteran. Bamberg Germany 1987 - 90 and that was where I began my Carver journey. Hope you enjoy your stay here. 

Edited by Rob
  • Thank You 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Receiver2000 said:

Welcome Drew!!! Hey, love your story about the Sansui.....and go USA. So happy to have you. Great guys here and lots of good stuff going on all the time. 

Thanks so much!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rob said:

Welcome Drew to the Carver site. Always great to add a member as well as another veteran. Bamberg Germany 1987 - 90 and that was where I began my Carver journey. Hope you enjoy your stay here. 

Excellent! Thanks so much! I was in Frankfurt 82-84. Looking back, I didn't see any Carver stereo stuff in the PX. I saw Marantz, Fisher etc....bought a Fisher Studio Standard system and it fell apart within a few years. Gosh, I loved Germany, and had a few friends in Bamberg. My MOS was 73C (Finance Specialist) and I was with 18th Finance Co. in Frankfurt right behind the V Corps building. I can still taste those fine German hops and barley with a schnitzel and applecorn chaser! Guten Ahbend!

  • That Rocks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...