Hi to all from Montreal - need help to download a file

Just joined the community today - a great wealth of info here!

I am need of a belt for 490t that has the classic door opening problem.  There is a file available on this site found here: 

Hower when I load the page it states on the right hand side above the file information ' Sorry, you aren't permitted to download this file. '

Are there other requirements other than being a member to be able to download this file?  It is not in the manual database (database link points to the above mentioned page.

Any help is appreciated!

• Thank You 9
  • That Rocks 1

Looking at the manual it's part no. 24 and list the part number as A81G131. There is no indication of the size. If I didn't miss anything there's only one belt in the whole unit.

I just saw this post. BarryG has a belt for his CD player and may be able to help you with the size and where to source it.

Edited by Maddmaster
  • Thank You 1

Hello Virgil, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

I'm sorry you're having problems getting that file, but Zenith4me has provided the dimensions for you.

Once you get to Novice status, you should have no problem downloading that file. Also (when you get to Novice) please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

• Community Admin

Welcome @Virgil to the site..., A few more posts, and you'll be able to download files..., (minimum posts before downloads keeps some of the spam out.)

There are a number of threads on belt replacement for the 490t.  Do a search on some keywords and you'll find them...

AND they reference the type and size of belt by name 'SBS 2.4'.

You should find a source on Ebay - there are several, if you search there.  Don't pay an arm and a leg..., 

Here's a full belt-size table thread from @zumbini CD Player/Changer Belt Size Database - Parts depot - TheCarversite!

And here's a 490t belt replacement post/thread for you:  Carver SD/A-490t door won't open - source repair - TheCarversite!

Stick around and post, share, and explore ! We love Carver fans, here..., and post a picture of your rig..., brag a big 😉 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome @Virgil! You have a nice CD player there and with a new belt you should be playing music again. I have replaced mine with one from Ebay. The link @AndrewJohnposted should help you replace it. Keep us posted about your success and we hope you enjoy the new site!

• That Rocks 1

Wow what a wonderful, helpful forum this is!  So used to stonewall answers and 'read the FAQ' responses - you are all amazing, thanks to everyone with their detailed information!

Will order the belt soon - being in the Great White North means paying $18.00 shipping so I'm going to try and find a source up here that I can order from.

Will be checking in from time to time - I'll check out the thread on replacing the belt since I found a way to get the tray out for easy access with only needing to remove the top casing lid.  If it hasn't been documented I'll take a few pics and post here.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

31 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Wow what a wonderful, helpful forum this is! 

Thanks Virgil. We try.

You won't be able to post pics until you get to Novice status. You're just a couple of positive reactions away. :D 

• Thank You 2

8 hours ago, Zenith4me said:

A huge thanks to Zenith4me - a Canadian parts house with reasonable shipping!  I've done so many parts searches in the past, never came across this store.  A real godsend as I'm always needing vintage electronics parts!

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

A huge thanks to Zenith4me - a Canadian parts house with reasonable shipping!  I've done so many parts searches in the past, never came across this store.  A real godsend as I'm always needing vintage electronics parts!

Glad I could help.

I ordered belts for my 390t and 490t from KP Components and even with shipping to the USA it only took about a week. The prices are very reasonable and the belts are great quality too.

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

Once I am allowed I'll post a how-to for changing the 490t tray drive belt when it arrives.  It can be done easily without trying to pull the belt under the tray itself since removing the tray is an easy process, you don't even need to remove the transport.

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome Virgil!!!!

Great to have you. Good luck with that belt. There are a number of fun on- call techs available around here all the time😁.  You should be able to find all that you need.  So, enjoy the site, always good stuff happening around here.

• Thank You 1

Welcome.jpg.7e823628309a1ce6a4913aa6cb9109be.jpg

Welcome to the group, Virgil!  Glad you found us, and I'm glad you were able to get the info you need on the belt.  I hope installing it goes as easily.

It's always great when we get another Canuck on board - we can't quite overwhelm those from the rest of the planet (and it wouldn't be like us to do that), but there are a good number of us, scattered across the country, here.  ~^

Hope you get your 490t singing happily once, again.  Feel free to join in the discussions and remember to take time to listen to the music.

• That Rocks 1