Hello From Buffalo

I'm a new member but longtime audio enthusiast. I used to sell Carver back in the early 80's when I worked at a regional northeast Hi-Fi store called Sounds Great. Does any one remember it?

• Thank You 9
  • That Rocks 1

Hello metrxseven, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

We have a Sounds Great here in SW Mo.  I've not been in there in years. They used to have a pretty good reputation for speaker rebuilds.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

Welcome metrxseven!!!!

Great to have you. This is a good place to hang. Lots of good information, 

music suggestions and fun. Just really great guys here. Always something good happening around here. I sure miss all the old Hi-Fi shops.

Welcome.jpg.33cef9cc2ce30a7db696d79e4a9fc3c2.jpg

Welcome to the group!  I think I remember "Sounds Great," though I am on the other side of the lake from you, so I would have seen them only when I ventured down to the Buffalo area for an occasional shopping trip.

In any case, glad to have you here - feel free to join in the fun and when you can, put up some pictures of what you've got.  :D

• Community Admin

Welcome @metrxseven.  Glad you found us.  We have a few members from the northeast that may remember the Sounds Great shop.

Gotta' speculate..., Either you are into fitness, with that handle (MetRx supplements) , or you met your first love which was a Mazda RX Seven.   I prefer Jym supplements myself..., and, well, I had to sell my RX 7 when my son arrived almost 3 decades ago.  LoL. 😉