new from Detroit ... ish

Hello Scrappy, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

On the fence huh? Well there are plenty of folks here that are willing (and able) to push you off the fence, and to join us on our journey to audio nirvana. :D  Some will claim that they've found their nirvana, but I say their continuing purchases dispute that claim. I thought I had found it, but then I ran across some NHT speakers, and there goes my daughters' inheritance (again).  You will find that OCCD (Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder) is real, contagious, and it can be expensive. We will be happy to help you on your way. :D

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• That Rocks 1

Greatly appreciated!  Thank you ...

For the mean time ... this is my current collection

Carver C19 Reference Preamp  (reason I am here ... my prize piece, original owner, never used ... still sitting in the box from roughly 1992)

Vintage Pioneer TX-5500ii Tuner

Marantz NR1609 ... Daily runner

Martin Logan Speakers

Definitive Technology Pro Sub 1000

Vintage Marantz Amp  (Status - Melted)

Sony CDP-X555ES

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome @Scrappy to the site. There are a few of us up here in Lansing as well other cities around Michigan. Hope you get that C19 out some day to enjoy it.

• Thank You 2

Nice! I'd love to get a C19 someday, and send it to @Nahash5150 for his spa treatment!

Which Martin Logan's are you using? I run the EM ESLs with a Dynamo 1000w sub, and a Dynamo 700w sub in my bedroom system. I love the ESLs, but the sweet spot is tiny. Move out of it, and the sound changes dramatically. 

• Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Sk1Bum said:

Nice! I'd love to get a C19 someday, and send it to @Nahash5150 for his spa treatment!

Which Martin Logan's are you using? I run the EM ESLs with a Dynamo 1000w sub, and a Dynamo 700w sub in my bedroom system. I love the ESLs, but the sweet spot is tiny. Move out of it, and the sound changes dramatically. 

SWeeeeeT!  I am super jealous of the Electrostatics ... I wish I had the floor space to go that route, unfortunately the kids and wife get in the way of that.  LOL

I am currently  running the SLM XL Martin Logan's with the Definitive Technology Pro Sub 1000.

• Thank You 2

• Community Admin
18 hours ago, Scrappy said:

I enter here as I stand on the fence to pursue my lost dream or to give up on what I never accomplished. 

Welcome to the site, @Scrappy, you have found the right place.

From the quote, I see you are also a "philosopher."   Sweet.   Many of us just come here and enjoy each others' company, and tell stories and share experiences.  LOTS of tech knowledge, too.

I have a C-19..., but You clearly have a unicorn, with that NIB unit.  It's getting on in age - so don't be surprised if it has a service need or two when you fire it up. 

Post a picture!, when you can.

1 hour ago, AndrewJohn said:

Welcome to the site, @Scrappy, you have found the right place.

From the quote, I see you are also a "philosopher."   Sweet.   Many of us just come here and enjoy each others' company, and tell stories and share experiences.  LOTS of tech knowledge, too.

I have a C-19..., but You clearly have a unicorn, with that NIB unit.  It's getting on in age - so don't be surprised if it has a service need or two when you fire it up. 

Post a picture!, when you can.

Thank you!  I should come clean to clarify that the never used is NOT NIB.  I was going to enter a thread today that will explain … so in all honesty, it was like four (maybe five) times hooked up and tested for roughly an hour each time.  Just enough to give some speakers a GOOD workout.  I may still qualify as that unicorn with the minimal amount of use it has seen.  All that was pre 1993.  It has been wrapped up in its original packaging since.

FWIW … I would only consider myself a “philosopher” after X amount of drinks 😜

• Thank You 2

Welcome.jpg.20413f552500bf46f4157884c64e088e.jpg

Welcome to the group.  Wow!  A NIB C-19?!  Man, you have infinity more willpower and patience than I do.

You are certainly in the right place to find encouragement to let that wonderful device see the light of day, and let the sound loose.

As others have suggested, you may find some issues when you bring it out, but there are plenty of folks here with more than enough expertise in making it as good, or better than new.

In the mean time, make sure you join in the fun, and enjoy the music!

• Thank You 1