New member but, old Carver customer.  I have a M 1.5t Amp that needs some attention. Bought it in Hawai’i at the Army Exchange for $197 !  Still have the sales receipt.  I’m in the Tucson, AZ area. Ideas from anyone ? I really wanna listen to my KEF 104/2’s again ! 

• Thank You 5
  • That Rocks 5

Welcome to the site!

There are several member-techs on the left coast that may respond to your post.

Your cost on that amp is amazing - it now costs that much to ship the damn thing coast-to-coast!

• Haha 1

Honolulu Audio was selling the M 1.5t for $999, The Army Exchange had it New for $650 and no sales tax.  I bought it at the Army Exchange after having been mis-labelled on price and put on the “discount shelf” for $197.. ! Full warranty and all .. I’ve had it since that day in 1988. 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2
  • Love this! 1
  • OMG 1

Hello Keven L, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help. 

The M 1.5 is popular here, and Dennis's advice pointing you to Nelion Audio is spot on. Greg does excellent work.  

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

Welcome.jpg.d1634c4749f81285f93e43fbfc65ada6.jpg

Welcome to the group, Kevin!  That is an incredible deal you managed to get, wow!  

There are definitely some folks, here, within slingshot range of you, who can restore your 1.5t to life.  If nobody pipes up in a bit, don't worry - just bump this, or send out an explicit query, and I would imagine someone will pipe up before long.

In the mean time, do join in and remember to enjoy the music.  :D

• That Rocks 1

Welcome KevinL! Great deal you found on that M1.5t. I would recommend getting it refurbished. Nelion Audio has refurbished several amplifiers for me and he does great work. After he is done with it, it will sound good for another 30 years……..grin

Welcome Kevin, glad you found your way home.  A lot of great info and friendly folks on this site!  Ask questions, this is a very knowledgeable group, great techs here as well!

Barry