Hello, FNG to forum

Good Morning to All, My name is Brent and I live in Arlington, WA. I have been bitten by The Carver Bug the last few years. 

Carver that I own:

2 - 1.0t's

1 - 1.5t

2 - 200t's

Been in the process of recapping all of them. Been reading info here for awhile and your resources are greatly appreciated. Lookimg forward to hanging out here from time to time. 

• Thank You 5
  • That Rocks 1

Hello Brent, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

That list will grow. :D 

Now that you've reached Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

Welcome to the Carver site and enjoy. Plenty of information and knowledgeable  people to help you with your projects. 

Edited by Rob
  • Thank You 1

Welcome Brent! You have a nice starter collection of amplifiers to refurbish and enjoy. Hopefully you have some speakers in mind to hook them to and music sources too! Glad to have you aboard the OCCD train……the train that never stops……..grin

Welcome Brent, 

Some nice amps you have there; especially after you get them recapped.   I went on a binge once and recapped three TFM-25's  over a weekend--  not just the power caps either, but all (39) of them in each amp.

You're gonna fit right in 🙂

Jazz  

• OMG 1

Welcome.jpg.be958a9af9463db045bd51a552e60217.jpg

My apologies for the late Welcome, Brent!  You've definitely found the right place to make your home with that collection of amps.  :D

Good luck with the recapping - there's a tremendous amount of life in those for long into the future.

No point in warning you about OCCD - it's clearly FAR too late - welcome to the club.  Let us know what else you have - it doesn't need to be Carver to be of interest.  And, of course, when you get a bit further along, we'd love to see pictures of the system.  B|

• Community Admin
8 hours ago, Brent U said:

Hello all, just finally figured out how to post pics. I won't overwhelm yet, thought I would start with one. Thanks for sharing all your priceless knowledge.

B03910BC-7915-416A-A029-568FC256472A.jpeg

Nice set-up..., like that sliding barn-door hardware on your cabinet.

What speakers are you driving with which amps in this rig?

• Thank You 1

Hello All

Some more info as system setup has changed 

and equipment list is growing; In response to the speakers I am using. I have two 1.0t's each bridged driving SVS Prime Towers, a 200t bridged driving home built open baffle center, a 200t driving open baffle side surrounds, 1.5t driving a passive 10" sub off one channel. Yamaha TSR-7810 feeding amps and driving 2 atmos DIY open baffle speakers. 

New goal, Save up to get a dedicated preamp then redo amps as necessary. The SVS towers really like the 1.0t bridged, really brings out midrange for music. I think it has to do with the Yamaha only delivering 1 volt max on preouts. Also running thru ADC Sound Shaper Thirty Three and Audio Control Rialto Equalizers. Think the Rialto needs a recap. 

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Have a Great Day!

Brent

C212C22C-C8A2-421C-8A4F-0F07E4E81018.jpeg

• That Rocks 2