Find results in...

Our friend in need of prayers

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Don, the treatment program I am in is partnered with Johns Hopkins oncology!  I am confident I will be treated successfully.  I had a very good day of treatment today.  Yesterday was one of th

My first day of treatment went well, I will have weekly chemo trestments for the test of my life.  Doc is installing a port for blood draw, and giving meds!  I feel good today!  We are doing

I had an oncologist appointment  today!  My bone marrow shows 90% of my cells in my blood are cancer!     kind of a mind blowing result!

Barry I am praying my heart out for you and hope that you stay strong and stay with us for a long long time. Always love your posts and your spirit.  Your daughter is amazing.

• Thank You 2
  • Love this! 1

I had an oncologist appointment  today!  My bone marrow shows 90% of my cells in my blood are cancer!  

kind of a mind blowing result!

• Sad 6

Don't know what to say just know the whole carversite is in your corner. Prayers for your health

Edited by Retriever
  • Thank You 2

Very sorry to hear Barry. Only had the pleasure to meet up with you once at CF during the Prius debacle. Have you considered the option of having your oncologist partner with MD Anderson in Texas? There are dozens of studies underway at MD Anderson in regards to various types of blood cancers.

Will certainly put you on our prayer list. 

• Thank You 1
1 hour ago, don said:

Very sorry to hear Barry. Only had the pleasure to meet up with you once at CF during the Prius debacle. Have you considered the option of having your oncologist partner with MD Anderson in Texas? There are dozens of studies underway at MD Anderson in regards to various types of blood cancers.

Will certainly put you on our prayer list. 

Hi Don,

the treatment program I am in is partnered with Johns Hopkins oncology!  I am confident I will be treated successfully.  I had a very good day of treatment today.  Yesterday was one of those rare bad days, so far most days are good!  I appreciate all the prayers, I really do think prayer helps a lot!

Barry

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 6

BTW, may my red Prius Rest In Peace!

2010 -2017. Someone made an illegal left turn causing me tee-bone him.  Neither car survived, my passenger was hurt worse than I!  I miss that car, my current orange  Prius does not meet the standards of the old Prius!

I have fond memories of that trip to the mountain.  I hope to make it next year!

barry

• That Rocks 2
  • Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 6:13 PM, BarryG said:

Hi Don,

the treatment program I am in is partnered with Johns Hopkins oncology!  I am confident I will be treated successfully.  I had a very good day of treatment today.  Yesterday was one of those rare bad days, so far most days are good!  I appreciate all the prayers, I really do think prayer helps a lot!

Barry

Glad you are partnered with one of the big boys Barry. JH is an excellent facility. Went there for removal of a cancerous prostate about 11 years ago. Still cancer free today. Great choice. You continue to be in our prayers for a successful outcome.

• That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 2

Update:  I am doing ok, I have a lot of neuropathy from the chemo , otherwise I am doing ok.  Frustrated that I cannot work until I reach remission.

My younger daughter Melissa started a go fund me page.  If anyone is interested send a message I can forward the link.

Barry

• Thank You 2
  • Love this! 2
  • 1 month later...

Guys, and Gals..., Please put some good prayer vibes out for our friend Barry..., 

He's going through Chemo hell..., not fun. Needs our thoughts and prayers.  All we have.

• Love this! 4

All my kindest thought for you, Barry.  May the chemo not be too hard on you, just on the cancer, my friend!  There is still too much music to be enjoyed!!!

• Love this! 1

Update:  some of you know I’ve been having a very tough time on chemo!  It’s been destroying my white blood cell count!

my oncologist is starting a different treatment starting Friday, also Friday I get the results of how the last four weeks is on killing the myeloma cells.  

hard to believe it’s been 3 months of treatment.  It sure is getting old.

my new treatment could be worse, he is hoping not.  Trying to get where I am not in continuous isolation.  I can’t have visitors or go out other than medical treatments.  I really do miss working!  

im hoping new treatment will allow me more energy do I can return to projects!  I have a few items to sell if I ever get back to them.

My daughters have been great support, not seen them in a long time but talk with them s lot.  Amanda my oldest has Covid, and my younger one Melissa, is showing symptoms.

I do appreciate all the well wishes, even though I do not post much, I pop in here daily!

til next time!

Live long and Prosper! 🖖

All the best to you, Barry, and best wishes as well to your daughter, Amanda, for a quick recovery.

I hope the new treatment works far better, and is far easier on you. 

Let us know if and how we can help!  

For you - Live much long and Prosper even more! 🖖