Looking for LP's

Nahash5150

Anything?  Really... anything?  I'm not into vinyl except - and that's a BIG EXCEPT... for artwork.  I've been mounting LP covers for years - before it became as popular as it is now; back when nice frames for LPs were *so* hard to find.  I used to comb through secondhand stores for cheap pictures – just for the frames that might work for LPs.  I’d tear out the existing artwork and insert an album cover.  And they’ve been a staple gift I give to friends and family. 

My sister saved my record collection after my mom passed and my father moved from our old house.  (I was in CA).  I bless her every time I think about it.

But I’ve got some old funky records – stuff from my mom and dad’s old collection and my in-laws.

Stuff like this (just grabbed a few and took a pic)…  I’d have to check with my wife because these are hers but she won’t be playing them (or mounting them for that matter) anytime soon.  And there are always funky records like these at the local Goodwill I’m happy to pick up for you.

Let me know!  Gary

20210825_121800.thumb.jpg.23c19b92d30a900d609bda757832acf1.jpg

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1
  • Haha 1

Hmmmm a new rabbit hole!

I can find the extended version of ‘baby shark’  lol NOT!  Let me peruse my vinyl, I do have a few doubles!  I might have a copy of Pink Floyd ‘the wall ‘ I can send your way! 

• Thank You 2
  • Haha 1

Cool! I'm just looking for stuff like dups or whatever. Like a 'starter kit' of old (ish) and perhaps unusual stuff to play.

I will give them back if you want them back at some point. :D

Some LP's I'd be willing to purchase, if a good offer is made.

Thank you so much!!!!

I have a Thorens TD115 mkII I'm working on. 

• That Rocks 2

Greg, you KNOW this is a far deeper, darker, rabbit hole than even tube amps!  Pull your wellies up high, and dive in - the water's .... fine!

On 8/25/2021 at 6:12 PM, Nahash5150 said:

I have a Thorens TD115 mkII I'm working on. 

I'm curious, what are you doing to it WRT overhauling it?  Yes, I have an ulterior motive as I just acquired a TD-165 and I'm working on doing a bunch of things with it. 

Are you changing out older electronic components (caps, resistors, etc.), or just doing a general tune up?

I'm "toying" with swapping the deck (aesthetics only, I admit), but mostly just making it far more robust, and less prone to shake, rattle and roll.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

I'm curious, what are you doing to it WRT overhauling it?  Yes, I have an ulterior motive as I just acquired a TD-165 and I'm working on doing a bunch of things with it. 

I haven't taken it apart...yet. But yes, I do plan on making it into an mkIII.  :D

• That Rocks 2

18 minutes ago, Nahash5150 said:

I do plan on making it into an mkIII.  :D

Hmmm, a TT that puts out close to 1000w/RMS per channel - now THAT'S scary!!!!     **)) 😆

• Haha 1