Reservation Discussion

sea

• 3 months later...

It is time to start thinking and planning for Carvefest 2022.  It will run from Sept 7 to Sept 21.

Please check out the Cabin list and stake your claim.  I hope to have rates in the next 30 to 60 days.

I have also heard from Jerry, Nikki,Tammy, Don and Terri.  They plan to come and stay in the three lofts again this year.

Eric and Lori Ann will be with Randi and me in Cabin 8 again.

I will update the reservation to list reflect.

Today I spoke with Bob Carver.  He fully plans to attend this year and occupy Cabin 7.  Many of you know that Eddie has been very ill and hopefully will be able to attend.  I certainly hope so.  Even so, Bob could end up looking for a cabin mate.

Ed, in 2020 when my wife Zili and I attended, were we the newest attendees? In other words, everyone that was there had been there for years before, almost regulars? 

What I am suggesting in the future as an act of respect is to make the newcomers aware of the rules before they decide on how many days they will book. We were not made aware of the 7 day rule until after we had attended in 2020. 

Edited by Rob

8 hours ago, Rob said:

Ed, in 2020 when my wife Zili and I attended, were we the newest attendees? In other words, everyone that was there had been there for years before, almost regulars? 

What I am suggesting in the future as an act of respect is to make the newcomers aware of the rules before they decide on how many days they will book. We were not made aware of the 7 day rule until after we had attended in 2020. 

Thank you for your comments.  We did not like the way your situation was handled last year.  Going forward the pecking order nonsense is no more.  As I indicated in a post yesterday the only consideration is who was in the cabin the previous year.  Without regard to number of days stayed that renter gets first preference for the next year.

Ok....  The official Reservations page says:

Cabin 11 

Not Occupied in 2021. 

Up for grabs

The Sauter Clan is calling dibbs on WS-11   Sep 16 - 19
Early sign in Friday the 16th - Late sign out Monday the 19th

UNLESS....
2 of the Lofts are available those same nights, then we would prefer 2 of the Lofts for 16th - 19th

Edited by Toy Maker

13 hours ago, Toy Maker said:

Ok....  The official Reservations page says:

Cabin 11 

Not Occupied in 2021. 

Up for grabs

The Sauter Clan is calling dibbs on WS-11   Sep 16 - 19
Early sign in Friday the 16th - Late sign out Monday the 19th

UNLESS....
2 of the Lofts are available those same nights, then we would prefer 2 of the Lofts for 16th - 19th

James, I am delighted that you guys are returning.  The Lofts are spoken for.  There are two Treehouses.  For the moment I will put you down for Cabin 11.  The only way to be sure of early check-in and late check-out would be to book September 15 to September 19.  A total of 5 nights.  The rates fir this year have not been firmed up yet but based on last years rates it would come to about $1250.

Yeah, talking to Don too..  Looks like they will be coming 10 days or so.
WS-11 will be fine.

Before... staying 3 night got you 1 night free??
I'll stay a 4th night if it's free. Thursday or Monday makes no difference to me.

Edited by Toy Maker

On 2/19/2022 at 9:47 PM, Toy Maker said:

Yeah, talking to Don too..  Looks like they will be coming 10 days or so.
WS-11 will be fine.

Before... staying 3 night got you 1 night free??
I'll stay a 4th night if it's free. Thursday or Monday makes no difference to me.

James the discount structure is a little different now.  There is a 40% discount for stays of 1 to 8 nights, 48% for stays of 9 to 13 nights, and 54% for 14 or more nights.  There is an excel spreadsheet calculator that is updated each year that allows a user to plug in Cabin number and dates and get an estimate of the rental.  It is usually accurate to within  few dollars.

23 hours ago, BobSmi57 said:

We plan to be there 4 or 5 nights in Treehouse B again. September 14 arrival 

Angelo was in Treehouse A last year. 

Thanks.  I have corrected the reservation list to reflect.

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, shortcake said:

Me, Harry and Mark will be in cabin 10 same as always, every other year.

Ray will be cabin 6 full ride as usual.

Thanks - didn't get any notification about this until today.

Great.  Thanks for the information.  I will make sure it is documented as such.  It will be great to see you back.

• 3 weeks later...

We are in the process of locking down rates for 2022 and hope to have them in the next week or so.  After we publish the rates we would like for everyone to reach out to Misty and firm up your reservation and put down a deposit by June 1 latest.  All cabins are spoken for except for a couple of Treehouse units.  It is important that those that are holding cabins proceed to commit so that others may move in the gaps if people back out.

Hello ED. Wanted to let you know that my wife and I found a campground on Fontana Lake  about 10 minutes from the resort where we will be staying so we won't be in the cabin with Greg and Jenny. 

46 minutes ago, Rob said:

Hello ED. Wanted to let you know that my wife and I found a campground on Fontana Lake  about 10 minutes from the resort where we will be staying so we won't be in the cabin with Greg and Jenny. 

Ok.  I am glad you are still planning to attend.

• Thank You 1

On 3/29/2022 at 9:51 AM, sea said:

We are in the process of locking down rates for 2022 and hope to have them in the next week or so.  After we publish the rates we would like for everyone to reach out to Misty and firm up your reservation and put down a deposit by June 1 latest.  All cabins are spoken for except for a couple of Treehouse units.  It is important that those that are holding cabins proceed to commit so that others may move in the gaps if people back out.

I hope to have these rates and the Calculator posted in the next week.  I am expecting an increase of about 10%.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, we have rates for CF2022.  With inflation and labor issues I was expecting an increase.  Bottom line is your stay should be up 10% from last year.  I was really expecting more.  I am going to put an excel spreadsheet in the file section that will allow you to calculate a rate for any cabin by inputting the number of weekend nights (Fri / Sat) and the number of weekday nights.  When you call to make your reservation the amount they tell should be very close to that estimate.  If it is not please message me and let me know.

The deadline for completing your commitment to attend is June 1.  By this time you need to have contacted Watershed and finalized your reservation with a 50% deposit.  This is a non-refundable deposit unless you purchase the trip insurance they offer.

We have new contacts this year.

Pam Delk - pam@stonewoodcabins.com - 904-318-6250

Keena Armachain - keena@stonewoodcabins.com - 828-237-1307

I will provide them with a list of renters by Cabin.  If you are not on that list they will not accept your reservation.  That list will be the current list that is in the Carverfest 2022 Cabin Reservation List on this forum.

Please message me with questions.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

We are all certainly hoping that Bob and Peggy attend this year.  When I last spoke to Peggy a few days ago she was unsure.  She still has some concerns  about Covid and flying.

Jerry and Nikki have expressed a desire to move to Cabin 7 on the off chance that it becomes available.