New to this site , old Carver fan .

Thanks for the welcome Barry . I'm up 95 off of exit 74 in Fallston . Familiar with Elkridge having worked at Unilever and the Sunpapers near the tunnel for 20+ years . Actually have to pick my son up from BWI later tonight . So you think Sound Scape could help out with my issues ? I haven't contacted anyone yet but I did get on the Nellion site which seems the route to take . I think I would feel a little more comfortable with their shop . And you also mentioned Oppos as others have , guess I'll be scanning the net to see what I can come up with . As far as this below ...........................

2 hours ago, BarryG said:

welcome to the site, I hope you stay a while, kick off your shoes, put on some tunes, grab your favorite beverage and enjoy your stay!

Retirement is approaching fast , and I'm getting a head start on all of the above . 👍 Someone above welcomed me and I found out he was very close to my area also . Nice to know there are others still interested in the old gear . 

Nelion is your best bet!  Greg does excellent work!  If you need a local tech,  Just-Audio is one of the last ones in the area.

https://shopjustaudio.com/pages/repair

I hope this helps!

I am retired myself due to health issues.  

I’ll forward your info to Greg Viggiano, he has an open house in January for all of us local carver enthusiasts.  He lives in Alexandria VA.  He was last talking about MLK weekend! 

Barry

Edited by BarryG
  • Thank You 1

Thanks Barry . Any info. is welcomed and Va. is pretty close for me . Maybe an hour away , I could drop off the entire system and let him do his thing with it . My upcoming retirement is also health related . Ugh .........................

@Dave in Md.Yes we are practically neighbors. I pass through Fallston on the way to Jones Junction every time I go to get my car serviced. I am a stones throw from Whitemarsh Mall.

You have some nice gear. If Greg does have a meet this month that would be a good time to drop off whatever you want repaired, refreshed or modded.

• Thank You 1

Greg’s get together is tentative.  He was trying to do it around my chemotherapy schedule.  I’m in home isolation currently.  Hopefully that changes soon, then the other factor is the COVID pandemic.  

im hoping we can have it as planned!

Barry

Just got the smaller Polks out of a box . They are R15s . I do remember they sounded great with the 12s and Carver system . I may get to plug it all together tonight and see what works as well as what doesn't . I'll report back later on .