New Member...

Hey All,

Just a quick hello to everyone. Thanks for accepting my membership. I look forward to interacting with the community. 

My first question is: can someone please help me to determine which model of Carver Awesome speakers I have? If so, what do you need from me to do so? I've been trying for two days to find a picture or description of the different models but no luck. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Jaws

• Thank You 7
  • That Rocks 1

Hello Jaws,  and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Do your Awesome's have 3 woofers or 4 (per speaker) ? What is the length of the ribbons in your Awesome's? Do your Awesome's have 2 input terminals per speaker or 4 terminals per speaker? 

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

Now that I think about it a bit more, they're "Amazings" instead of Awesome (though they certainly are awesome to these old ears).

• That Rocks 1
  • Haha 1

• Community Admin

Welcome to the forum, @Jaws  

Nice handle.  My (very attractive) sister in law had "JAWS" on her license plate on her convertible..., and, well..., got some interesting reactions (and propositions) at stop lights... LoL.  In reality, JAW or J. A. W., were her initials, and JAWS was just a way to say the possessive, that it was her "Audi A-5 Cabriolet"...  It's amazing what conclusions people will draw. 😉 (and, no, I'm not drawing any conclusions here..., just sharing a funny story ! )  For the record, my wife is better looking so no one draws the wrong conclusion about me in my story above... Hah!

Seriously, @Jaws, glad to have you aboard.  In a bit, you should be able to poste pictures.  There were some variations during production of the Amazing Silvers.  And, it can be an interesting forensic hunt to figure out which you specifically have..., changes to drivers, and to crossovers..., which, probably don't really matter in the grand scheme of using your amazing and awesome speakers..., unless you want to experiment.  Lots of info can be gleaned here, in the Manuals library as well as the schematics posted there, and even from some threads.

Great (Amazing) speakers those are really awesome.

Post some pictures of your set-up.  We love pictures !!

Welcome.jpg.8cebcf67fd0b9b64490b5c0c8ecf7137.jpg

Welcome to the group, @Jaws!

I can't offer any guidance on which speaker you have, aside from perhaps, not one I have, since I have no Carver speakers.  :D

I'm sure someone here can assist you in which you have.

For now, join in the fun, and remember to enjoy the music.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...