New member here. Just bought my first set of carver gear. Got a M1.5t, c1 pre and a tx-2 tuner. Running a pair of older klipsch Epic cf2 with the dual tens.  Sounds descent sometimes but I know I need to do some work to it. Switching from an Adcom 150watt amp and can easily tell the difference in power. Got some low volume issues, I going to look around this site and see if I can figure out what I need to do 

• Thank You 8
  • That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 1

Welcome.jpg.42a2a47d281da115187b17a5711b0388.jpg

Welcome to the site!  Is it possible to have too much bass?

Welcome too, to owning Carver gear - I'll warn you, now, it IS addictive.  

I'm not sure what state you amp is in, but if it hasn't been refreshed (caps, etc.) that could explain any lack you may find it may have.

In the mean time, have fun experimenting, join in on the fun, and take time to enjoy the music!

It’s all original as far as I know, normal to loud it seems to sound fine, the issue I have is at low volume. When pre is volume all way down I can still slightly hear it when get close to speaker, it also has a distortion to it. A slight buzz coming out if it too, I switched the speakers and it’s still there . Once volume is up a little bit it sounds fine 

I'll order you some more halo polish, Dennis! :D

@2muchbass, did you have the low volume quirk with the Adcom amp, or just now with the Carver?  And out of blatant nosiness (I can't even justify it as just curiosity), what pre are you feeding things with?  

• Haha 1

Using the c1 preamp, the adcom didn’t have this issue, it had a different slight noise, I also have an old onkyo m501 amp I’ve had for 15 years and hooked it up and no noise at all so I feel I’ve eliminated the power outlet as a source for the noise and the speakers seem to be not doing it. 

Hello 2muchbass, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

Hello! I found this place when I asked a friend about choosing a preamp and he raved about his C1 with BillD mods. I hadn't seriously renewed my sound system for decades until I visited a friend's house when he was about to move and heard his system. I was amazed by the sound, and wound up buying his power amp (Perreaux PMF 2150B), speakers (Westlake Audio BBSM10), and subwoofer (Hsu Research VTF-3). While the speakers were too big to pass interior design muster, the other components are keepers. The subwoofer and my Dahlquist M-905s sound great together. I look forward to having really clean amplification for them.

• Thank You 2

• 4 months later...
On 1/27/2022 at 5:46 AM, densely said:

Hello! I found this place when I asked a friend about choosing a preamp and he raved about his C1 with BillD mods. I hadn't seriously renewed my sound system for decades until I visited a friend's house when he was about to move and heard his system. I was amazed by the sound, and wound up buying his power amp (Perreaux PMF 2150B), speakers (Westlake Audio BBSM10), and subwoofer (Hsu Research VTF-3). While the speakers were too big to pass interior design muster, the other components are keepers. The subwoofer and my Dahlquist M-905s sound great together. I look forward to having really clean amplification for them.

Did you find a C-1 to go with your Perreaux?