New to the group!

I have a Carver C1 preamplifier that is scheduled for Nelion Audio to go through it and rebuild and do the BillD upgrade in April. I also have a Carver TFM -15 CB amplifier. I would like to find a Carver M1 amplifier to have Nelion do an upgrade to. Glad to be in the group I am an audiophile all the way and have a very nice vinyl collection I am running a upgraded to the max Project Carbon DC turntable. Does anyone have a suggestion where I might send my Luxman M117 amplifier to have it recapped? I love vintage gear but Al so have new audio equipment as well. Thanks for the add. 

Tim Dykes

• Thank You 7
  • That Rocks 1

5 hours ago, BluesMan57 said:

Welcome to the forum Sir…. Great to have you aboard…..

Small world - I run the full RF7, RC7, RS7 setup in my theater room.  I can tell you from personal experience, the M500t is a better pairing for the Klipsch RF than the 1.0t.  Don’t get me wrong, you’ll be happy with the 1.0t, but the 500t compliments the Klipschs’ efficiency and brighter sound beautifully. 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

2 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

Small world - I run the full RF7, RC7, RS7 setup in my theater room.  I can tell you from personal experience, the M500t is a better pairing for the Klipsch RF than the 1.0t.  Don’t get me wrong, you’ll be happy with the 1.0t, but the 500t compliments the Klipschs’ efficiency and brighter sound beautifully. 

Thanks for the input. I will look into that. I am running a Marantz SR 7010 full 11.2.4 full Dolby Atmos system in my theater with all Klipsch speakers the RF7iii’s are my fronts with the RC7 as my center. I have a Luxman M117 as my amp for the fronts. I run a separate system mostly vintage for two channel listening.

Welcome !! X2 what Mark  (Daddyjt) said - the M500 amp would be a better match for the Klipsch. Talk to Nelion - he may be able to hook you up.

Enough of the nice crap - where's the PICTURES ????

🙂

• Haha 1

Welcome.jpg.a7db4025adffa2b733c4f05023e6887b.jpg

Welcome to the group, @timothyrdykes!  Glad to have you join in the convesation.

Sounds like quite the nice setup.  Definitely look into what the others, here, suggest for getting things tweaked and tuned.  Greg will no doubt be able to work magic on the Luxman as well, as anything else of that ilk.  And make sure you do ask around, here when looking for various amps, etc.  There are often folks here who have things for sale, and not always listed.

Regardless, good luck, and make sure you take time to enjoy the music.

• Thank You 1