New To Posting

Hello all, Jeff here! Wonderful site with occasional information overload! I've been on the site for a few years as I gathered & used information to do my own rebuilds and mods. I felt is was time to take that next step and join some conversations as I approach my retirement from the work life! I have been a Carver fanatic since my first introduction in the 70's. Yes, I have OCCD but it is Great! I look forward to more!

Thanks again for a great site!

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2

Thanks for asking. I have finished 3 Carver C1 refreshes with BillD mods and both an inverting & non-inverting M1.0t refresh with some mods completed. I have also refreshed two M1.5t with a third that needs done yet. Currently working on an SAE Two A14 integrated amp repair and refresh. I have also refreshed an Adcom GFA-1A Amp and my biggest challenge so far has been a Sumo Andromeda Amp. One channel was badly blown but I was able to repair & refresh back to life! Music listening & audio electronics has been a passion for me since I was a teenager.

Edited by jebba1962
  • Thank You 1

• Community Admin

Welcome to the "posting" phase of your membership, @jebba1962 ! 

I think that's a record..., joining in 2017, and now engaging 😉   We need a badge for that LoL!

Nice resume of refresh work you have.

Looking forward to your posts and sharing...

And, of course, we LOVE pictures - which I am sure you know..., post some of your rig, when you get a chance.

Welcome.jpg.017cfdf8548522ca5fa9885b83b5a694.jpg

Welcome to actually posting@jebba1962!  We're glad you decided to take the plunge and actually join into the conversations.  As others have mentioned, let us know what you have for your own listening pleasure - and pictures whenever you can post them are always welcome!  :D

Thanks all, I appreciate the welcome!

Been busy this past week but just wanted to share a couple of teaser pics till I can get them better organized! Something I picked up off of Ebay a couple weeks ago! M400t NOS... still new in the box with warranty card. Recently purchased ALSIII. Work bench system-not current. .

work-bench-system(not-current).thumb.JPG.ea95c5493f9ec4e969658198396d7eea.JPGm1.0t-m400t.thumb.jpg.adf488129f497561ad6fe090ae29c8b4.jpgalsIII-recent-purchase.JPG.bd43d49c2f02930547860b5cdf4ad9db.JPG

Edited by jebba1962
spelling correction
  • Thank You 1
  • Love this! 2

• Community Admin
11 hours ago, jebba1962 said:

Recently purchased ALSIII

Very nice !! love that look.  And, clean.  NOS 400t? on Ebay?  Nice !

FYI.   I'm not sure..., but I recall @kve777  a long-time member here, having some replacement foam, or a source for replacement foam, for the front column of the AL III's.  Maybe someone else here recalls the source?  It's common to see it pulled out, rotted away, or otherwise missing.  Others, they like to see the ribbons, without the foam..., 

Edited by AndrewJohn
  • That Rocks 1