Carver hr-875ex Receiver

Mark25

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone knows how to do a factory reset on Carver 875ex receiver or is this not a option .

Edited by Mark25
Typo

So I've been using the preouts on the unit to go into my Carver pm-600 power amp and today I went to hook the unit up without using power amp I tried both A and B channels and didn't get anything the subwoofer out does work and the surround speakers but I get nothing from the man speakers. 

Mark 25 - You have had this item for some time, so you already know something about it, but for those who don't, the HR-875 came out sometime in 1993; made in Japan, most likely by Marantz. It's a multi-function, fully gadgeted receiver, with around a 74 button remote control, on/off timer, multi-channel and/or multi-room functions. Five power amps, front and center 75x 3 watts; other two 35 w (all into 8Ω). [Be sure to not plug anything that is the least power-hungry into the rear AC outlets.]

The 875 was replaced within a year or two by the HR-895, with 110 watts into front left and right channels. That model didn't last very long either, but hell, at that point neither did the company.

If you don't have the owner's manual, I have it here, and eventually it will get posted on the forum but meanwhile I could e-mail you photos of certain pages the would show the connection protocols for various uses.

Do the front L and R power amps work if you inject a signal into their inputs? [Speakers hooked to “System 1” outputs; front panel “Speakers 1” depressed.]

RobertR

Yes it does when I inject tye banana clips into the speaker connection on back of the receiver and yes I'd appreciate it if u could send me the pages u where talking about

nauvin@gmail.com 

• 5 months later...

Robert I did figure out why I wasn't getting any sound I had the jumpers in the wrong way after all this time thank you for you help anyway I really appreciate it.

2 hours ago, Mark25 said:

Robert I did figure out why I wasn't getting any sound I had the jumpers in the wrong way after all this time thank you for you help anyway I really appreciate it.

Awesome.  When you are ready to move up to the HR-895, let me know.  I have one I'll let go for what I have in it - with remote, tested by a tech..., works.  More power for you ! 😉   (that is if I don't sell it first...)