MusicLover Main Stereo Rack, etc.

Attached is a picture of my current, primary system, housed in a Salamander Designs Synergy Twin 40 cabinet. In order to accommodate the depth of the McIntosh MC402 Amplifier, the extended rear panels are fitted to each side of the rack, with the panel on the amplifier side containing twin whisper fans, whose remote, thermostatic temperature sensor is attached to the McIntosh C2300 Vacuum Tube Preamplifier, which runs much warmer than the MC402! The MC402 is bi-wired, driving a pair of Bowers & Wilkins Matrix 801 Series III Loudspeakers on Sound Anchor Stands (not pictured).

In addition to the items I previously mentioned in my introductory post, you'll notice I have an Adcom ACE 115 AC Line Enhancer on the top left, with a Phase Linear Model 1000 Series Two Autocorrelator/Dynamic Range Expander underneath. On the right side, from the top down, you can see my Radio Shack Tape Control Center (multi-input switch box), with the Carver TX-11 FM Tuner underneath. Continuing down, I have an Oppo BDP-105 Universal Disc Player, followed by a Parasound EQ300 12 Channel Equalizer/Analyzer, Nakamichi CR-2A 2 Head Cassette Deck (providing access to the format only), followed by a Marantz 2440 Quadradial 4 Adapter Amplifier, driving a pair of M&K SAT-1 loudspeakers (not pictured). On the top left of the rack is a Mobile Fidelity UltraDeck fitted with Mobile Fidelity Master Tracker MM Cartridge. On the right in my VPI HW-16.5 Record Cleaning Machine, on which I've cleaned thousands of records.

I have the following products on standby: Adcom: GFS-6 Speaker Selector Switch; Carver: C-9, C-11, M-500, M-1.5t, 4000t; dbx: 3BX 3 Band Dynamic Range Expander; Parasound: Zphono Phono Preamplifier; Rega: P5 with TT-PSU Power Supply Upgrade; Rotel: RCD-1072 CD Player; SAE: 5000A Impulse Noise Reduction System; Shure: M97xE (NOS) Cartridge; V15 Type VxMR Cartridge w/2 spare NOS Styli; Speakerlab: Speakerlab 7 Loudspeakers; Stanton: 618EEE Moving Iron Cartridge (NOS); Sunfire: Classic Vacuum Tube Control Center w/Phono Option; CRM-2 Cinema Ribbon Loudspeakers; CRM-STAND Satellite Loudspeaker Stand Kit (pair); Tascam: CD-RW700 Professional CD Recorder; Thorens: TD160C Turntable fitted with Denon DL-103R MC Cartridge; Transcriptors: Skeleton Turntable fitted with Vestigial Tonearm.

Salamander_Stereo_Rack.jpeg

• Thank You 9
  • That Rocks 4

8 minutes ago, MusicLover said:

I have the following products on standby: Adcom: GFS-6 Speaker Selector Switch; Carver: C-9, C-11, M-500, M-1.5t, 4000t; dbx: 3BX 3 Band Dynamic Range Expander; Parasound: Zphono Phono Preamplifier; Rega: P5 with TT-PSU Power Supply Upgrade; Rotel: RCD-1072 CD Player; SAE: 5000A Impulse Noise Reduction System; Shure: M97xE (NOS) Cartridge; V15 Type VxMR Cartridge w/2 spare NOS Styli; Speakerlab: Speakerlab 7 Loudspeakers; Stanton: 618EEE Moving Iron Cartridge (NOS); Sunfire: Classic Vacuum Tube Control Center w/Phono Option; CRM-2 Cinema Ribbon Loudspeakers; CRM-STAND Satellite Loudspeaker Stand Kit (pair); Tascam: CD-RW700 Professional CD Recorder; Thorens: TD160C Turntable fitted with Denon DL-103R MC Cartridge; Transcriptors: Skeleton Turntable fitted with Vestigial Tonearm.

You're going to fit right in around here… here’s some of my own “standby” gear and speakers. The damn stuff just seems to multiply on its own, lol. 

Ignore the green circle - that was for another post. 

38582F6E-FB74-4856-AA4B-B0DEEC9CA95F.thumb.jpeg.4669098cc94e9807235f78218d9c5bbd.jpeg

1DE7F9C5-BD8D-4637-9271-094A03949B49.thumb.jpeg.fd5bc1b16f597f3a4e4b3d77d599f886.jpeg

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 6
  • Love this! 1

Wow! You've got the 'disease' worse than me! I see you have a pair of Polk SDA SRS, I'd sure like to listen to those! Always wondered what they sound like! I don't have pictures of my standby equipment, perhaps I should take some!

I'm kind of a speaker guy, having previously also owned Spica Angelus, Carver AL-3, and Innersound Isis loudspeakers. Also had a Sunfire True Subwoofer Mk IV and True Subwoofer TSEQ10. Both of the subs crapped out, with the plate of the TS-EQ10 effectively epoxied to the cabinet by the gasket, making it impossible to open and repair without destroying the cabinet. Nice to have speakers that don't require a sub.

Thanks for sharing!

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

I think @Daddyjt probably has another room full of gear stashed/stored somewhere in the house.    Maybe that's a new thread how many independent systems does a person have in your house?  

20 hours ago, 69Chevelle said:

I think @Daddyjt probably has another room full of gear stashed/stored somewhere in the house.    Maybe that's a new thread how many independent systems does a person have in your house?  

I don't have the luxury of additional storage rooms with shelving available at my place - I have to store my standby equipment in boxes between outings! 😒