What Was Your First System?

My early '80's system, and first components I bought... Onkyo Reciever, with Onkyo tape deck.  I had Bose 301 Series 2's as speakers.  Nice little system for a small dorm room.

image.png.764ce83ba80cf66c9ac6661dcbea066c.pngimage.png.105bbb39df5a841286f0809d82ef05fc.png

• That Rocks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My first system was an '80s era Fisher component system from a local department store.  Had a Fisher CA 350 integrated amp, FM 550 tuner, a MT 6420 semi auto belt drive TT, rolling rack, and Fisher DS 177 speakers.  My mom put it on her store charge card, which she just paid off and told me the when she got the bill every month, it was my responsibility to pay it.  If she had to make one payment, the system was hers!  I think I paid over $700 back in the early '80s, and that was on sale!  That's what started me down the rabbit hole that I am currently in!  Thanks Mom!

Edited by 2chGearBuff
Grammer corrections
  • That Rocks 1

Just now, Receiver2000 said:

Now that is a cool story. Thank you!!!

I still have a CA 350 and FM 550 in my kitchen system.  Have a matching pair in the basement I am working on, and have started rebuilding a CA 550, the big brother to the 350

• That Rocks 1