Hello Everyone - I just recently retired and am in the process of getting back to my favorite hobby - audio gear restoration!

I have a few Carver units of my own that i plan to rebuild, and while searching for information came across this site.  Looks like there are more vintage audio people out there than i thought!

So for now - just signed up and posted to say hello and hope to participate in the future.

3P

I

• Thank You 12

Welcome @3Phase !

There are plenty of guys on here who can answer most questions you could run into.

The rest of us will just enjoy seeing your pictures and following along on your progress.

Keep posting and you'll be able to add pictures shortly.

Hello 3Phase, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

We have several talented techs and DIYr's that frequent here. I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

Hi All:

Thanks for the welcome!

After over 50 years of building, working with and repairing audio equipment, mainly as a hobby, I've now got quite a pile of stuff to work on, from total rebuilds to just minor tune up's.  Time to start getting this stack worked down (per my wife)!

I still have a lot of tube gear i built as a kid (Scotts Fishers, Dynacos  ) which i plan to go thru plus later as well vintage solid state I've purchased over the years from GAS, SAE, Carver, Bose, Sony, etc. so as a result most of my equipment is older (vintage?).  I also occasionally build custom wood cabinets and racks/shelving for equipment as well as speaker cabinets, crossovers, etc.

Right now Ive got a Carver TX2 tuner - works great but the display VFD died, a m500t that works great but probably time for a recap, as well as a MXR-130 which needs recap.

As soon as i can I'll post some pics.

One great thing now is the internet and these forums where its now possible to connect with other people that have same/similar interests and certainly a collective of knowledge!

Finally, I've started on the TX2 Tuner rebuild and have one question - does anyone know anything about the display VFD in the TX2?  I have the part number but can't find anything anywhere about the display - even what firm made it.

3P

• Thank You 1

3 hours ago, 3Phase said:

Finally, I've started on the TX2 Tuner rebuild and have one question - does anyone know anything about the display VFD in the TX2?  I have the part number but can't find anything anywhere about the display - even what firm made it.

Welcome.

I have a parts TX-2. I think the display was fine before I started taking other parts and realized I would never put it back together as a functional unit.

PM me with your details (address) and I'll get it out to you when I have a chance ... provided it's in one piece. 

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome aboard.  And don't just think of this as a site for only Carver help!  Many of the fine folks on here have knowledge of all kinds of gear.  I find it amazing the amount of gear and experience on  this forum.  A lot of members have or currently have stuff that I have longed to listen to or own myself at one point in my journey!  Something that only time and money can cure!  Enjoy theh ride!

image.jpeg.2fa5b71afa4a786c54043930a46b86f9.jpeg

Welcome to the group, 3P!   Have fun with the work, and as others have noted, there are lots of folks here who can help if you need it, though I will not offer any advice as it would likely be dangerous at best, and likely much worse...  🤐xD