Howdy from east Texas

Finally dug my vintage stereo out of the box since moving here 6 years ago, I know no excuse. I have been spoiled with a killer 5.1 system in a media / entertainment room with some custom Toby Speakers made in Fort Worth TX years ago.

The old 1984 Carver system is a C-1 pre-amp, M-1.5t amp, DTL-3300 CD player, DBX 10/20 equalizer, Technics SL-D202 turntable, Shure V15-III-G cartridge, Technics tuner and cassette tape player. Shockingly, everything works. Going through a couple hundred vinyl LP's has brought back some memories.

By reading here, I am on the waiting list (December) to get the C-1 and M-1.5t some updated hardware.

Cheers

• Thank You 5
  • That Rocks 1

Hello 737Viper, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Nice collection of gear. You will be amazed at how well the C-1 and M1.5t perform once they've been refreshed (upgraded?). The BillD upgrade on a C-1 puts in on a level playing field with preamps costing much more. 

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Community Admin

Welcome, @737Viper.

glad you found us.  

that is an awesome set-up, and as it is yours, with original provenance, makes it very special.

We love "pictures!"

looking forward to how you like the sound, once it is refreshed in December.

image.jpeg.50b02853fbd7217d6e7b7f425702bb35.jpeg

Welcome to the group!!!  Glad you decided to fully join in!!!  :D

Sounds like a really nice vintage setup - you need to have that all up and running and send pictures.  Many of us have decent or great 5.1 systems, but also have our wonderful 2.x systems for music.  It's a good combination!