New to the group

Hi, I bought the first Carver receiver in 1984 and  a few years later sold to a friend who still has and loves it. Just joined because I bought a use MXR-150 that was not working and I've been fixing audio since I was a kid so I figured why not get one for nostalgia.

Kevin

• Thank You 6
  • That Rocks 1

• Community Admin

Welcome to the group, @kevd16

Glad you found us.

That MXR 150 is held dear to many of us as office or garage systems..., super unit.

You'll also find a good number of parts for it.  Les, @Circuits & Concepts a member here, runs an ebay store "Circuits and Concepts" (that's also his handle here) that has a good number of available parts, as you get into your project.  Go direct, he often covers shipping for members?  (don't quote me on that...) by sending a PM on this site.  Skip the Ebay fees for you and him.

Consider starting a thread !!, and document your work for the next guy..., 

And, there are some threads here - use the Search button, to see what others have done with that receiver.

• Thank You 1

7 hours ago, AndrewJohn said:

Welcome to the group, @kevd16

Glad you found us.

That MXR 150 is held dear to many of us as office or garage systems..., super unit.

You'll also find a good number of parts for it.  Les, @Circuits & Concepts a member here, runs an ebay store "Circuits and Concepts" (that's also his handle here) that has a good number of available parts, as you get into your project.  Go direct, he often covers shipping for members?  (don't quote me on that...) by sending a PM on this site.  Skip the Ebay fees for you and him.

Consider starting a thread !!, and document your work for the next guy..., 

And, there are some threads here - use the Search button, to see what others have done with that receiver.

Thanks for the heads up on parts. I actually already repaired the unit and shared the repair and theory on a post from another member. Hopefully it helps. I do need some wood side panels, I'll check with Les.

Welcome to the site. I bought my first caver in 1987 it was also an MXR 150. I have lots of parts if you ever need any. Lots of info here and people that will help you out.