Greetings from a new member and Carver fan

On 12/11/2022 at 3:40 PM, RPA-1 Man said:

I totally agree Michael. Wish i had gotten my hands on the V15 Type V back in the day. I had it was even better. The thing is I rarely play vinyl these days. Not because I don't want to buy because we share the living room with my mother-in-law so the TV is on most of the time. Whatever, I'm not going to take that away from her. She is 90 and won't be around forever.

Hi!  I received the message last night that my stylus would be here on Wednesday.  I also received a message from Joseph, the technician who did the repair.  He said that the suspension in my insert was shot and he usually sends back units like that because they are too difficult to repair.  However, he wanted to see if he could keep an original unit working and he said he succeeded with it meeting full specs and tracking at one gram!  I can't wait!  I understand sharing the living room.  At age 93 my mother developed ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) and she lived with us for a year.  Because ALS is totally debilitating she required 24/7 care from us.  She had a terrible time sleeping and so we would watch MASH reruns in the middle of the night.  I spent a lot of time listening to my Sony noise cancelling headphones!  However, I wouldn't begrudge her a second of the time she needed.  As hard as it was, we would never have sent her to a nursing home and my wife was an absolute angel taking care of her with me.  Enjoy your mother-in-law while you can.  Also, I won't be able to test the cartridge for a few days because my wife just had a total knee replacement and it did not go well.  She needs a lot of care right now.  She will recover but it will be a few more weeks.  Regards, Michael

33 minutes ago, RPA-1 Man said:

I wish your wife a speedy recovery.

Thanks!  She is slowly improving but has a back issue that she had to delay for her knee surgery.  I'm hoping by spring things will be better!

• Love this! 1